Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Brookville Update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brookville Update

Had good luck at Brookville the last 2 days. I'm not sure what happened in the last week but I went from catching very few last week to catching limits before noon this week. Caught 37 today with 25 in the livewell all over 10" from 9:00am to 11:30am. Fish are stacked on deeper brush. They are likeing the thicker brush piles that are in 21 to 26 feet of water. Fish are suspended 14 to 20 feet deep. Bigger fish tend to be deeper in 16 to 20 feet while smaller more agressive fish are above. They liked jigs fished verticle and they had to have it slow. The bite was hard to detect. Most times all you felt was pressure as if you were against a limb but then again sometimes you'd come across some agressive fish that would really hammer it. Finess is the key right now with the abundance of shad... Just the way I like it

Good luck to all

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the expert report JM. We haven't got down there at all this year but hope to go soon. In fact we've only been out 3 times earlier this year.
    Hope to do more now fishing since it is cooling off.
    Catch-u-lat'r
    Bob

crappie vol21 Guest

Headed to Brookville Friday JM as my uncle and cousin are coming to visit. What part of the lake were you fishing?