Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Redman 09-12-04

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Redman 09-12-04

Sorry guys, don't have a lot to share after this weekend. I took my new fishing partner out with me for his first official fishing trip in a boat. My oldest son (5) did very well. I tried putting him on some crappie, but my blowdowns went dry - at least with his equipment. I made sure my rods stayed in the rod locker - as this trip was all about him. We did put three willing bluegills in the boat, and he was tickled that they were caught on jigs that he helped to make. He's hooked, as this was all he talked about Sunday evening and this morning - hopefully things will happen the same way they did with me.

Anyway - don't know what happened to the crappies. I did notice that some kind of fish were skattered all over the lake at the 12 foot mark. A few here, a few there - but all at 12 feet, and the thermocline I was seeing at 20 feet was gone - maybe turnover? Water temp was down 4 degrees from last week, and the evenings have been cooler. Just didn't want to spend the time investigating this on Sunday. There was an awful lot of guys bass fishing too. Just pounding the shoreline - three to four boats in 50 yards. I had to smile, I only saw one guy putting fish in the boat pretty regular, and he was the only one nice enough to say "hello - you guys havin' fun?" as he went around us.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake conditions

Looks like we will be getting the effect of another hurricane this weekend. Thankfully we only have poor fishing to complain about rather than losing our homes. Those Florida folks are sure taking a beating.