Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Result's of my Braid WOW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Result's of my Braid WOW

I never realized that you could feel that much bite. Just a tick and you feel it , bump against a twig and it feels like a tap. And my Loop that I tie worked really good this morning. Kinda need to get used to the feel of the braid as it doesn't stretch.. Caught about 25 this morning no keeper's but didn't have to retie either. Thanks all you Brain-e- guys for the advise.. RICH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rocket rich View Post
    I never realized that you could feel that much bite. Just a tick and you feel it , bump against a twig and it feels like a tap. And my Loop that I tie worked really good this morning. Kinda need to get used to the feel of the braid as it doesn't stretch.. Caught about 25 this morning no keeper's but didn't have to retie either. Thanks all you Brain-e- guys for the advise.. RICH
    Yes and fishing at night if enough shad come in you will feel them running into your line. At times may make you think you got a bite, LOL!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink And Rich ...

Quote Originally Posted by rocket rich View Post
    Be sure and back off the drag just a tad, if you haven't gotten around to lightening up on your hookset :p Like you say, braid don't stretch ... so, a hefty hookset can really put some serious pressure on your rod, and on the drag system of your reel. Even if you back off the drag just a little, and the drag slips some (on hookset) ... the braid will still have sunk the hook into the fish.

A couple of other handy tips : use something other than your hand, to pull on braid, when trying to free a hung hook ... it can cut you pretty good. Using the rod handle isn't a good option, either, as it can cut thru the cork or foam, too. A towel, wrapped around your hand, will work ... and some people even use a wood dowel rod, specifically for this purpose.
    Child Size Fiskar Scissors will cut braid in a nice straight/blunt end, allowing you to have a clean/blunt tag end to more easily put thru a hook/jig eye. Clippers, some knives, and some other types of "cutters" will not cut braid as cleanly, and leave strands of the material sticking out from the tag end ... that can get in the way of getting the tag end thru the line eye of jigs or hooks, especially small ones :D (BTDT)
    Taking the time to properly tie your knot, can result in the knot lasting/holding for quite a long time. If the particular knot that you tie, has any tendancy to slip loose - tying a simple overhand (granny) knot in the tag end (after tying the hook/bait on), will stop the knot from slipping open.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Rich, You will catch fish most others would miss it's that much better, and in the long run saves you money on changing line. And take CP's advice on adjusting that drag not only for the rod but if not careful will straighten hooks on the hookset.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys for some reason I'm dropping fish before I get them in the boat. Why???? is it something to do with braid.?? I've never dropped this many fish before?? seems like all the big one's getting off?????