Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Below Truman Dam

Post Thanks / Like

Default Below Truman Dam

Good morning all! Do any of you ever fish below Truman Dam, or do you just concentrate on the lake side? Is it any good this time of year? Your opinions please, and as usual thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

depends mainly on if they are running water. normally fish main lake this time of year. i like to hit up the dam pre-spawn time...
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

I fish below the dam in the back water channel from January thru May or when the fish are moving towards the bank on Truman. During the winter months as long as it is thawed out you can catch some nice fish down there, plus hook some Walleye every once in awhile. Never fish it in the summer months, seems like all I catch is small ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pretty much a last resort

If we can't catch anything anywhere else or we want to try something new like spider rigggin, we do fish we fish down by where the break line from dead water to where the released water is running, if they aren't running much water we stay home...........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I have been down there several times this summer and it has been slow. Spider rigged the same location as OSS described. I was able to run eight poles myself if that tells you how slow it was. Early spring is usually better. I would spend my time up on Truman if I had the chance.
    http://kansasoutdoorsman.com/