Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Color C Lector for crappie?

silverside is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Color C Lector for crappie?

I have proven to myself, beyond any doubt, that I have caught bass solely because of the Color C-Lector's suggestion. Has anyone been able to do that with crappie? I have never tried it with crappie and would like hear if anyone has done so.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I myself have never used a color selector nor do I know anyone that has. I have often wondered if they were any good. I am interested in seeing what folks have to say about them.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Never helped me a bit

Never helped me a bit (with Bass) ... could just be me .. but I hung it up along with some other stuff.

Its fun working with some of the electronics ...

JSC
    JSC On The Choctawhatchee

Post Thanks / Like

The day I proved it to myself, I was bass fishing with my father. We were fishing a private gravel quarry that we had fished for decades. We anchored off a steep drop that had a weed bed bottom. The best color for plastic worms has always been purple. We pitched purple worms in there for an hour. Not 1 fish. Just playing around I dropped the color selector in. Just above the weeds it said red was the best color. I switched to red, dad switched to blue. In 15 minutes I had 3 bass to his 0. He switched to red and started catching fish. Thinking that maybe they just started biting, I switched back to purple and he put on motor oil. Nothing. Back to red and started catching them again. That can not be coincedence.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default simple

simple
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-25-2010 at 04:05 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I had one and used it a few times. It would always point to the same color. Black,Blue and chartreuse. Then I sold it. Muddy waters dark colors, clear waters bright colors. Cloudy days dark's sunny days brights
    Don't waste your $$

Post Thanks / Like

That's what makes this such a great country. It's OK to have wrong opinions :D:D:D

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverside View Post
    That's what makes this such a great country. It's OK to have wrong opinions :D:D:D
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Bass tournaments for years and do trust in the color c lector.

It has helped me win many tournaments .

I use it first thing in the morning and if the fish stop hitting drop it again and
    start catching fish again.
    sometimes water clarity will be different i n the water and only a few yards away change so you may change colors several times a day.
    depending on cloud cover and water color.
    Once i was throwing up in some boat stalls i knew held fish. I had dropped the color c lector and was using the color it said but i was not getting bit. I didnt understand it had always worked.
    what had happened was i had dropped the c lector out side the stall in the sun,

once i dropped the color c lector up under the stall in the shade of the shed it showed a different color . I changed and started catching fish.
    this has happened many times over the last 25 years or so since the clector came out.
    If it is not working for you your not using it.

I have not tried it on crappie but that is a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Since you already have a color-selector, give it a whirl and let us know what you think. It might be better than simply going down a laundry list of tube/head combinations.

Please let us know what you come up with. I used one many years ago and if it didn't do anything else, it gave me some confidence.

aj

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast