Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 7-13-09

Post Thanks / Like

Default 7-13-09

Yesterday was our 41st Anniversary so I left it up to the mrs what she wanted to do and she wanted to go fishing. I had planned on a movie and dinner but she wanted to go fishing, So as much as I had my heart set on going to a movie and dinner I gave in and we went fishing instead. It was a nice day in the mid 80's and partly cloudy skies. We had a slight breeze and was fairly comfortable on the water. We got on the water about 11:00 AM and the lake lice and skiers were already out in force. No matter where we went they had the water churned up pretty good. I went to my best spot that I can always count on for a few really nice fish but some kids had pulled a trampolin tube in there and was jumping in the water and swimming. We caught some fish but nothing big enough to keep. We went to the back of a cove where the water wasn't churned up so bad and couldn't catch anything big enough there either. After a few hours we went back to my best spot and the kids were gone so we fished for awhile but only caught a few 10 inchers so figured we would try the marina docks again. The waves were still coming in there and it would push me towards the pontoons that we in the docks so we moved around to the other side of them where I could face the waves coming in and I could hold the bow into them and not have to worry about getting blown into a boat and causing any damage. I cast between the toon and caught a 13-1/2 in Crappie on the first cast. I caught several more and told the wife to come up front and I would hold the boat so she could fish and I could keep the boat where she could catch some very nice fish. The opening was about 1-1/2 feet between the toons and you had to cast back 25-30 ft to the dock and then let it fall to the bottom and then just reel in very slowly. She didn't want to do that so I fished it for awhile and then we came home and cleaned the fish. When we got the fish cleaned and the boat cleaned and put away we decided that we didn't want to go out for dinner so we had a steak and pork loins that I had grilled the night before. Strike Force Cage fighting came on and she wanted to watch that so that was our evening. We brought 12 nice crappie home so she thought that was a very nice Anniversary. Fishing and Fighting- can't get any better than that for a way to spend your Anniversary. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    Yesterday was our 41st Anniversary so I left it up to the mrs what she wanted to do and she wanted to go fishing. I had planned on a movie and dinner but she wanted to go fishing, So as much as I had my heart set on going to a movie and dinner I gave in and we went fishing instead. It was a nice day in the mid 80's and partly cloudy skies. We had a slight breeze and was fairly comfortable on the water. We got on the water about 11:00 AM and the lake lice and skiers were already out in force. No matter where we went they had the water churned up pretty good. I went to my best spot that I can always count on for a few really nice fish but some kids had pulled a trampolin tube in there and was jumping in the water and swimming. We caught some fish but nothing big enough to keep. We went to the back of a cove where the water wasn't churned up so bad and couldn't catch anything big enough there either. After a few hours we went back to my best spot and the kids were gone so we fished for awhile but only caught a few 10 inchers so figured we would try the marina docks again. The waves were still coming in there and it would push me towards the pontoons that we in the docks so we moved around to the other side of them where I could face the waves coming in and I could hold the bow into them and not have to worry about getting blown into a boat and causing any damage. I cast between the toon and caught a 13-1/2 in Crappie on the first cast. I caught several more and told the wife to come up front and I would hold the boat so she could fish and I could keep the boat where she could catch some very nice fish. The opening was about 1-1/2 feet between the toons and you had to cast back 25-30 ft to the dock and then let it fall to the bottom and then just reel in very slowly. She didn't want to do that so I fished it for awhile and then we came home and cleaned the fish. When we got the fish cleaned and the boat cleaned and put away we decided that we didn't want to go out for dinner so we had a steak and pork loins that I had grilled the night before. Strike Force Cage fighting came on and she wanted to watch that so that was our evening. We brought 12 nice crappie home so she thought that was a very nice Anniversary. Fishing and Fighting- can't get any better than that for a way to spend your Anniversary. EB
    EB, sounds like a great day with Mrs Beav.. Happy anniversary & many more my friend..
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Better Hold On To That Prize You Have! What Part Of The Country Did You Find Her And Does She Have Any Sisters? Lol
    GET IN, SIT DOWN, HOLD ON, AND BE VEWY VEWY QUITE!!!!!