Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ? about Hi-Tek Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default ? about Hi-Tek Rod Holders

Hello everyone, Im new to the crappie.com forum. I have fished reelfoot lake since i was old enough to walk and have used all kinds of rod holders, but recently got a new boat (20' 72 War Eagle) and am looking to buy some new rod holders for the front deck. The only concern I have is the front step up deck in the basic war eagle models. Is the hi tek rod holders tall enough to reach over this deck (see attached photo) or what about Driftmasters? These pics are not of my boat but of one like it. Any opinions please. I have heard nothing but good things about hi tek and driftmaster, but just dont want to buy em if they aren't tall enough. Im so torn b/t Hi tec or driftmaster......... its so frustrating lol
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by ReelfootSlabs; 07-14-2009 at 12:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Scott Echols i think is who you need to talk to think he goes by (callshy) i,m sure he can build whatever you need, His rodholders are the best hands down.

Post Thanks / Like

I would look real hard at Hi-Tek. Great looking boat!!! Take some pic.'s when you get them installed.
    Bobby Garland Pro Staff Bass Pro Shop Pro Staff
    Hi-Tek Pro Staff
    Denali Rods Pro Staff Road Runner Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

RFSlab, I live close to the lake and fish at least one day a week. And I have the hitecks and love them, give me a shout and we can meet up and you can check them out. But I'm telling you...you will love them.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

IMO you will not want them on the upper deck you circled in red on your picture (too far away from you). Ideally you will want them about 6-8 inches in front and about 8 inches above your knees when sitting down in your seats. Sit in them seats and have a buddy with a tape measure to figure out your ideal placement of the holders. The nice thing about those holders is they can be modified if needed by anybody who welds aluminum (prop repair shops).

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

BTW sweet boat! My vote is for Hi-Tek's as they are what I use.
    Last edited by FroggerZack; 07-14-2009 at 11:01 AM.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

Give Scott a call and have your measurements of the step up and he will build them to fit.Hi Teks are the way to go I don't think you will be disappointed with the rods holders.Scott also builds net holders and vertical rod holders that would work great on your new boat.
    James & April Linderman

Vicious Tournament Team Members
    Southern Pro Pro Staff
    HI-Tek Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so i have decided on Hi-Tek. Yea i do need to measure. But ill have to get my wife to do it for me cause im in Iraq right now. I wasnt planning on puttin em on the top deck, I was just wandering if they are tall enough to reach over that deck and still allow the poles to reach over the edge without touching and banging against the boat. Its kindof hard to describe what i mean in detail. Theres not too much i can do while im over here, but i can try to get my brother-in-law to measure it for me i guess, hes about the same size as i am. By the way, I really appreciate all the advice, thanks
    Last edited by ReelfootSlabs; 07-14-2009 at 01:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

If you can get someone to measure the height between the deck the seat is on and the deck the trolling motor is on and also the height from the deck the seats are on to the top rail of the boat I can about figure out how tall they need to be. Also, I can make a post that slides in the track inside the top rail to mount holders to on the side if you get interested.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReelfootSlabs View Post
    Ok so i have decided on Hi-Tek. Yea i do need to measure. But ill have to get my wife to do it for me cause im in Iraq right now. I wasnt planning on puttin em on the top deck, I was just wandering if they are tall enough to reach over that deck and still allow the poles to reach over the edge without touching and banging against the boat. Its kindof hard to describe what i mean in detail. Theres not too much i can do while im over here, but i can try to get my brother-in-law to measure it for me i guess, hes about the same size as i am. By the way, I really appreciate all the advice, thanks
    Stay safe over there.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast