Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Only 1 week left to oppose E15 increase

Post Thanks / Like

Default Only 1 week left to oppose E15 increase

Hard to believe the deadline is only 7 days away and less than 1% of the population has sent the EPA comments against increasing ethanol to 15%.
    (The majority that did respond were boaters via NMMA marine website petition).Marine fuel only accounts for 5% of gasoline sold.

E15 will damage far more than marine engines. It's very important that the EPA hear from owners of all engine types.

To make it easier for all to send comments to the EPA, we recently added a pre-formatted form that should only take 2 minutes to complete.
    Petition the EPA - Complete form to stop increase of E10 to E15.

Many people do not realize that 10% has always been the maximum allowed by ALL engine manufacturers.
    Using E15 will invalidate ALL your engine manufacturer warranties (for gas-caused damage) - Including autos, lawn equipment, generators, gas-powered equipment, motorcycles, etc.

E15 will do nothing to decrease our dependency on foreign oil and consumers will be stuck with performance and drivability issues + added cost of gas + increased repair and maintenance costs.

The only engine type that is "manufacturer approved for E15" is flex fuel vehicles that can run on up to E85 (85% ethanol). The E85 plan over the past decade failed, even those who own FFV's rarely fill-up with E85, mostly due to cost and lack of E85 pumps in most towns.

It is obvious that the waiver submitted for a 5% increase is a last ditch effort by the ethanol producers to push ethanol any way they can, without any consideration for the expense and damage it will cause your typical consumer and conventional engine owner.

I encourage you to send your objection of E15 today.
    "If you are going to believe, know why you believe, and back it up with something..."

Post Thanks / Like

I completed the form but then not see any way to actually submit it.

Post Thanks / Like

E-85 is within .11$ of reg gas with 10% E. That is waaaaaaaaay To much for E-85. Should be at least .50-.60$ difference. You are not told of the product sold after they have ethonal. There is cattle feed and CO for dry ice production that I know of. These two products ued to be waste, one went into the air the other went to the dump. Add the tax deduction to this and ethonal starts getting cheap to producer, but not consumer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiewisdom View Post
    I completed the form but then not see any way to actually submit it.
    Same here????

Also what in heck does this (see below) mean and how should I vote if I don't want anything to do with increasing the E.
    I believe ethanol increase would only be beneficial when sold as E85 flex fuel, an alternative fuel and gasoline replacement, used only in specially designed flex fuel vehicles. Check "Yes" if you agree and support E85.

Skip
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 07-13-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Many support E85, but do not want conventional gas increased

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    Same here????

Also what in heck does this (see below) mean and how should I vote if I don't want anything to do with increasing the E.
    I believe ethanol increase would only be beneficial when sold as E85 flex fuel, an alternative fuel and gasoline replacement, used only in specially designed flex fuel vehicles. Check "Yes" if you agree and support E85.

Skip
    We received over 1000 responses today (way more than I expected) so I'm not sure why you too did not see box at end labeled "SUBMIT FORM".
    Petition the EPA - Complete form to stop increase of E10 to E15.

Regarding E85 (flex fuel) many of us believe ethanol should only be used in flex fuel vehicles (as an alternative fuel and gasoline replacement).
    Adding 10 or 15% ethanol to conventional gas does nothing to decrease our dependence on foreign fuel -but certainly causes conventional engine owners a lot of unnecessary expense and inconvenience.

Many are now turned-off to everything ethanol, evidenced by responses we received, about half checked box that states, "No, I do not support E85".

While I too have become turned-off to everything ethanol in recent years,
    (political corruption, inappropriate tax credits/subsidies, lack of pump labeling in an effort to hide it from the public, improper over-blending, etc.),
    I still would check "Yes I support E85" - Better to use ethanol willingly if you own a FFV, than to force it on everyone as a higher 15% blend that is not approved by any conventional engine manufacturers.

The form is intended to make it easier to respond - But you can send your comments directly to the EPA (info has been included on our website for 3 months) and I'll add it here:
    Send written comments to:
    E-mail: [email protected]. Fax: (202) 566-1741.
    * Include in response - Docket ID No. EPA-HQ-OAR-2009-0211

EPA contact for Further Information/Questions:
    James W. Caldwell,Office of Transportation and Air Quality, Mailcode: 6406J,
    Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460;
    Telephone: (202) 343-9303; Fax: (202) 343-2802; Email: [email protected]
    "If you are going to believe, know why you believe, and back it up with something..."

Post Thanks / Like

I for one will NOT sign the petition.

Ethanol fuel has for more benefits and very few negatives.
    Ethanol does not harm engines.
    Ethanol actually has more octane than gas.
    Racing fuel is made from ethanol.
    Ethanol fuel will keep your engine cleaner, it burns cleaner, and it will clean out varnish build up from straight gas.

THE ONLY NEGATIVE TO ETHANOL IS IT DOESN"T HAVE AS MANY BTU's AS GASOLINE.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hanr3 View Post

Ethanol fuel will keep your engine cleaner, it burns cleaner, and it will clean out varnish build up from straight gas.

You are right in a way. Ethanol gas normally does not harm your motor unless it is an older one with old type fuel lines. There are a few exceptions like it affects the check valves in some Merc motors. And it is JUST E-10. Anything higher and you are asking for problems. Even outboard manufacturers recommend no higher than E-10. It does have more octane however, most outboards are not engineered to run on high test gas. There have been gas stations caught adding ethanol to their gas and that has caused people problems.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I am to stupid to help. I Hit the submit form 3 x keeps coming up to fill in a field not on the form.
    PS: do not send me any info on your stuff. I do not want E 15, I do not like E 10, and I hate junk mail and spam.

Post Thanks / Like

And therefore fewer MPG's than gasoline.

Post Thanks / Like

You a must be a corn farmer or a politician.

Less mpg for same price (screwing the public) not to mention the crankcase
    condensation problems on the race motors you talk about. I don't think
    the EPA would like you running a vent pump and expelling crankcase vapors
    straight to the atmosphere like an alky drag motor... and I don't think most
    folks would like having to change their oil every weekend either.
    Naw, the ethanol won't hurt much, besides any rubber or other gaskets that
    aren't compatible - now the big dollop of water that ends up in your tank from
    it will.
    Last edited by J White; 07-14-2009 at 06:04 AM.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast