Well, I had to give em a try but didn't do very well. I fished the south end Monday about 1/2 mile up from the dam where the channel comes close to the bank. Fished from 5:30pm to 10 pm and ended with 5 before sundown. Around 10-11 inches using shinners. Not a bite after that, unless you count the swarms of bugs that the light attacted. Tons of shad and baitfish in this area in giant schools. Lots of fish showing on the graph under the schools. The ones I did catch where 16-19 feet on shinners at different depths. No real structure in this area but a couple trees may find there way here soon.
I stopped by Wild Bills new store for advice and BBQ and as always, he was willing to help. He went Satruday and ended up with 9. He said, " there was no rhyme or reason to em, I fished the Dam, points, trees, and channel but never caught more than one per spot". He caught his at 18 feet either on the bottom or at that depth. Lots of stores sell bait in the area but NOBODY keeps up with the how, when, where, of Crappie catches but Bill.
If anyone has any reports (or even a lie), on LOP please post. Percher