Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dual Use Light--Any Recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Dual Use Light--Any Recommendations?

I'm looking for a good light for my boat. The boat is small (a riverhawk B60 canoe), space is precious, so I need to be picky. I'd like to find a light that would float in the water but also one that is capable of being my night time navigation beam/becon (all I need to meet requirements for night time travel). It would be nice if it had rechargeable DC power AND the option for 12V AC power.

Anybody have any experience or a good recommendation? Where did you get yours? How well does it work?
    Last edited by slabbatical; 09-23-2005 at 01:29 AM.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to www.************** I am Ranger690 in there too. I hang out in the Freshwater forum. It is another great fishing site based in VA and MD. It is free and you have to register a screen name to get in. No junk. They have a Kayak forum with some hard core yak folks. They should be able to fix you up. They have yak tournaments (even at night) and do it all.

Good luck.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

Go to www.smarthunt.com The Nite Light corporation makes real nice lights that hook onto your belt with a cord to a head light. Both hands are free, you have good light where you look, and they have varible switches that go from dim to a spotlight. They are rechargable also. Real cost effective.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Redtick...but the link took me to a job hunt/search engine...nothing stands out as being a link to the NL Corp..?

Post Thanks / Like

I will do some research and come up with a correct addy for you tommorow.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help...I think I found the light I need