Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smithville 7-11-09

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 7-11-09

Well I took both boys out today which is rare since the oldest one does not care to much for it. So I did not argue when he asked if he could go to. I basically did not catch but maybe 8 fish all morning. I had to help get to know the in's and out's of everything.

Well we had a most memorable morning today. The fishing gods gave us a wonderful day on the water. We went back out after the Walleye's scratched that about an hour into the morning. Both were getting bored with that, so I needed to make a change. Luckily had some minnows with us. Took to a flat in about 20fow. The youngest sho can hang with most Crappie fishing took off and started wearing them out. I gave up my long pole to Lake the oldest and told him to come up front and showed him how to use it. Well he put a whooping on everyone in the boat. Them boys caught so many fish I lost count. They had a couple around 13-14"s.

About the time we were running low on minners all of a sudden the White Bass started surfacing all around us. Well for the next 30 mins all I did was hold a pair of pliers while trying to keep trebble hooks outta everyones head. The kids were hollering got another Dad hurry up will ya? I gotta get back out there. Finally caught 1 BIG White outta Smithville Lake hurrah!!!!

Will be back out tomorrow after them again. Lee

Post Thanks / Like

hard to ask for any better than that! really glad you had such a great time, especially with the kids! WTG dad!!!
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

Great report glad you got to enoy the day with your kids, it doesn't get any better than that!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a lot of fun. May get the oldest back into fishing after a trip like that. Congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Lee ,thats what its all about they will remember that for a long time. Dave
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Good times. Good job.

Post Thanks / Like

way to go LEE glad ya'll had a good day, hope them boys get to do that more often catching of not, later man

Post Thanks / Like

I have found days like that have been the most memerable days with the kids. Aint it great to be a dad!!! Good job!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding!!

Post Thanks / Like

way to go lee, great day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast