Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you jug fish?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you jug fish?

I enjoy jug fishing, To me its a laid back way to fish and enjoy times on the water with kids or grand kids.
    I got to do it while be raised up on the Tn river. We used metal qt oil cans. Took 2 of them sorder them together. Then sorder a loop for the line to that. Man a big fish take that under. It sounded like a shot gun going under. Those were the days. Spend the dark hours on the river jug fishing.
    Now we don't have the metal oil can's, But have something better that even allow me to store the line on the build in spool. I have 50 of the tattle tail jugs made up. These stand up when you have had a hit or a fish. This way you know its time to check them for bait :D
    Just fun on the water. Great for all ages.
    Check out wildwolfproducts.com for the best jugs on the market.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I jug fish alot on the on the Osage river. I make my own using pool noodles from the dollar store and some 1/2" pvc. I use different colors for different line lengths. Nothing like floating down the river with the music up, a fresh beverage, some good friends, and some jugs standing up and swimming up river. A broom stick with a duct taped wire hanger completes my outfit for easy jug retrival.

Kyle

Post Thanks / Like

I use 3" pvc capped on both ends. I put a few rock in them to rattle when the fish hit em. I do most of my juggin on the MIss. river in west TN..

Post Thanks / Like

Its sure fun hard to beat jug fishing.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I use the pool noodles my self thay work real good put a little pice of rebar inthem and when thay get hit that stand up so you can tell they ether have a fish are need bait
    Just my two cents:D

Post Thanks / Like

I have never jug fished, but would really like to try it. I have been considering making some up lately, and this post reminded me to do it. I gues the best thing to do is rig a few up a different depths, and baits? Then toss them out and drift with them? Or is there more to it than that? Any tips would be great.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of people swear by 3 feet of line.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

We use swim noodles. But the rigging / depth depends on type of Cat and body of water fished.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Jug fishing is a great companion to crappie fishing. I like to set out some jugs, crappie fish for a few hours and then come back and check my jugs. Repeat as many times as you can. Keep the thermocline in mind when figuring out a depth. Usually you don't have to go too deep in the summer.
    Grego

Post Thanks / Like

well us rednecks up here in north carolina use milk jugs and clorox jugs lol tie some lines to um and let um down lol
    If you can't fish with the big boys, keep it on the trailor

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast