Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 9.9 decals where's the best place to get them?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 9.9 decals where's the best place to get them?

So, I know nobody has heard of this or would think of this (lol) but, I don't like to brag but I have a full 25hp late 90's model Mercury and don't want everybody to know. so I was thinking of putting 9.9 decals on it. You know so everyone down at the boat ramp won't be jealous. just kidding!!
    Anyway I have checked a few web sites and these things are crazy expensive. and I haven't been able to find any on Ebay. I was just wondering if anyone has a good lead on finding real decals for cheap, and I don't mean the guy I passed last week with duct tape over his motor with 9.9 written in marker. LOL

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

beter stay off eagle creek with that they know better
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ed, check at your local marina. They may even have a cover that will fit your motor. I hope you know that what you're planning on doing is illegal. If you take the chance and get caught, dont cry about the big fine you'll have to pay. If you're flying by other boats with legitimate 9.9 motors, you will get noticed and someone will turn you in. Just something to think about.

Post Thanks / Like

I uswed to own a 15 HP yamaha, I fished a lake with a 10HP limit. Bought a 9.9 decal from the dealer. but use common sense, dont go full throttle its a dead give away.Was on a no gasoline engine lake once, when a storm blew up.Rather than drown, started the engine and headed for shore and the ramp, picked up another boat and towed it in,The ranger at the ramp, just said dont make it a practise, and using common sense didn't warrant a cittation.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up good reasons too

Sometimes switching decals makes all the sense in the world.
    I looked at a boat for sale once and it had a 15 hp engine. He said it is really a 25 .Of course I aske why the different cover . He said his buddy had a boat like this and I liked it so well, I bought one just like it. But instead of a 15 like his I got a 25 with a 15 cover.
    He said he never had so much fun with a joke. He never out ran him bad, but always just a little faster. lol lol:D:D:D Illinoisgiller

Post Thanks / Like

Always seems to be someone that wants to cheat the system. On the private lake I fish there is a maximum lenght limit on all boats so we don't get any of the big power boats on it. They caught 2 people last year that talked the Dealers into writing a different lenght on the paperwork so they could put it on our lake. On all new boats they put a tape measure to it to check and found they was several feet over what they said it was. Not only was they barred from putting that boat on the lake they lost their privliges for their other boats as well and can't have them on the lake for several years because they tried to cheat the system. They also turned the dealers into the State for falsifing a legal document. Here if you get caught doing something illegal you may lose the boat as well. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Ain't worth the trouble

fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Go to your local sign shop with a picture or a website with what you want. They can cut you one out for cheap. We have all our stickers made that way. With a little custom look.
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer