Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie USA Classic Pictures 3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie USA Classic Pictures 3

This is the 1st morning on the water before livewell check. The houseboat was the place where you checked in and got your livewell checked on the 1st day.

It looked like a city on the water, it was awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Damn that looks like it was fun. I don't get up early if I can help it. But after looking at your picture I can see what I have been missing. What a sight to see. I read that there were 400 boats fishing the Classic. The area where the Classic Weigh in Was held was where my dad and I first started fishing Patoka. We launched out of the ramp on highway 164 right at the Southern most part of the Lick Fork Area. We fished all the way up to the main lake and had a blast. Patoka Lake back in those days was full of 2ft long Northern Pike and the wood was still wearing leaves on the stems. LOL It's changed a lot in the last 25 years though. Lots of the branches on those trees have rotted away. Now there are lots of telephone poles and stumps. Lots of rocks too.

yeah, you really do have to be fairly careful out there.....lots of obstacles!

It was a pretty awesome sight to see all those boats out there ready and waiting to compete. I think there was 217 boats entered in the tournament, I could be mistaken.....I think the 400+ number was for the number of competitors. It was a very memorable experience.

I used to fish for Pike back when I lived in CT years ago, I love to catch them because they were so agressive....but, that was really all I liked about them....ha ha!!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

You all should come down to Lake of the Ozarks in Mid Missouri next weekend. Its the anual Charger boat owners tournament. They usually have 300-350 boats entered in the tournament. And they send them out in flights of 30 boats at a time. I own a charger but dont get in becuase I dont green carp fish.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    You all should come down to Lake of the Ozarks in Mid Missouri next weekend. Its the anual Charger boat owners tournament. They usually have 300-350 boats entered in the tournament. And they send them out in flights of 30 boats at a time. I own a charger but dont get in becuase I dont green carp fish.
    I don't like to green carp fish either....crappie tourneys is probably all I will ever do! That will be a complete mess....

Imagine 350 boats racing from fishing hole to fishing hole for a few casts before firing up the ole 250HP and running to a new location. Nah...not my idea of fun!! Ha ha.... :D
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to the owner one time, while I had my boat there getting worked on. I told him that they shouldnt just cater to the bass boys and do a crappie tournment. He said maybe one day they will. Well I guess I am like the bass boys and a few other crappie fisherman on this lake that I know. If you hit a spot and dont get a few bites in the first cast you best be leaving. Becuase either there, there or not there. This lake is so big that you wont have to worry about fighting over spots. 92 miles of lake from dam to dam that can be fished not counting any of the arms on the lake, giving it close to 1000 miles of shoreline @ 54,000 acres. I have fished this lake for 4 years and there are parts that I have never fished or been too.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    I talked to the owner one time, while I had my boat there getting worked on. I told him that they shouldnt just cater to the bass boys and do a crappie tournment. He said maybe one day they will. Well I guess I am like the bass boys and a few other crappie fisherman on this lake that I know. If you hit a spot and dont get a few bites in the first cast you best be leaving. Becuase either there, there or not there. This lake is so big that you wont have to worry about fighting over spots. 92 miles of lake from dam to dam that can be fished not counting any of the arms on the lake, giving it close to 1000 miles of shoreline @ 54,000 acres. I have fished this lake for 4 years and there are parts that I have never fished or been too.

Darn - 54,000 acres is pretty large!!
    ><)))*>