Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dipsy divers

Post Thanks / Like

Default dipsy divers

Has any one ever used these things for trolling for crappie?I'm thinking of getting a couple of the smaller sizes.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't, but I used to correspond with a fella on here who used
    jet divers with good results. Try 'em out and let us know

Myself, right now when I get to wanting to try different stuff, am
    playing with some leadcore setups. Haven't found the right groove
    yet, but I'm still workin on it.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Used to use them for bass and walleye but never tried them for crappie

Fatman

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

They're speed dependent. they sink when you go to slow so they wont plane out to the side at real slow speeds. If you want depth, try inline keel sinkers and inline boards to get them away from the boat. They make small boards for panfish too.

Post Thanks / Like

have not been able to connect with any deep crappies, using bandits the 300 size, can only get to 15 ft, the fish I'm marking are about 20 ft, the surface water temps are in the mid 80s. guess its lights and nights, not my favorite technique. If I head into shallower waters, the gar fish drive me crazy. The deep weeds usd to hold fish, but the high waters have really done a job on them. guess its bluegills the rest of the summer. Another thing that used to work, was using a heavy sinker on a dropper line, attached with a rubber band, and 200 series bandits.Not this year! The ruber band thing works like this, I let out or cast my lure out, and let about 40 ft of line out, loop the rubber band around 15/6 braid, and run the weigt, through the rubber band, let out more line. when a fish hits I reel in the line and snap the rubber band off, and bring in the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Save your money. If you fish for Trout, Salmon or Steelhead, Lake Trout or what ever Dipsy divers well get you to the depth the fish are. Locate your fish with your depth finder and anchor over top of them. Use a slip bobber setup, or vertical jig. Troll, well what I do sometimes is use the same set up that I vertical jig with. Toss out from boat 20 to 30ft. and troll slowly with two jigs and a light sinker. Troll Fast enough not to hit bottom. If I'm to deep I reel in some line. 50 plus years of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sometimes you cant anchor

A few places where I find fish are also very close to the main lake channel. If I chose to anchor, it would be in 30+ ft of water. during the summer, you are always pitching and rolling from wakes by pleasurew boaters.Then its time to drop the bow mount and take your licking. Some of these TVA lakes are almost impossible to anchor in because of the deep water close to shore. Early in the AM, before the skiers and jet lice start I'll anchor, but give it up about 0800.Upnorth anchoring is an art form,finding a wind blown shore point and anchoring always gives you some fish.But you're not dealing with extremly deep water, with boulders every where.It used to be a safe bet at night, but in the past few years, the crazies are even watwer sking after dark.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget the rubber bands and just go with snap weights. Here's what they look like.
    Snap-Weights

Post Thanks / Like

I use dipsy and jet divers on erie chasing eyes. Do your self a favor and go with jet divers. They take a lot Less speed to run at depth and are way less complicated. If you can troll a bandit you can troll a jet diver. You can use them w/Inline boards to spread em out if need be and they have various depths available. I personally own both but never use the dipsy after I bought the jets. Just my experience. Hope it helps. God bless.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

They work great for white bass and hybrids;never used them for Crappie....Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast