Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long Crappie Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long Crappie Rods

Good morning all. I have always used 7ft rods for all of my fishing, but in looking at the pics on here, I've noticed a lot of you use long poles. Which do you prefer, and why? Do they break easily? Thanks for any info!

Post Thanks / Like

11ft Ozark with rear reel seat for me. I love the feel, the balance, and the sensitivity. I've not had any problems with them. Plenty of backbone for all the fish I've caught including an 8 lb channel cat.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I use 5ft. to 11 ft. like the long pole most of the time . like to jig trees and brush piles, keeps me away from what I am fishing. no problem with breaking them. broke a couple but no problem getting them replaced or repaired OZARK RODS are real nice, I have 5 outlaw rods are nice also I have 4 OZARK rods dont seem as heavy, anyway I like the long rods. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

my arsenal consists of a couple of 5 footers, a 7 footer, 8 footer, and a 12 footer. both the 8 and 12 are ozark brand.

i like the 5 footers if i am up close and personal. my primary pole is the 8ft ozark, i absolutely love that rod and intent to buy more, might try a 9ft. the 12ft pole is nice for long distance dipping, but seems a bit heavy for all day fishing, maybe it was for a spider rig/rod holder. it sure is the most fun to catch a fish on though, just lift up and the fish is in the boat, man that thing THUMPS!
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

I use rods 5.6 to 12, with a 10 foot being my favorite. I used Walley Marshall rods for a long time and starting using Ozarks after camp, I really like the Ozarks which are lighter than the Walleys and have more sensitivity. No problem with them breaking except I did have a lid fall on one which was my fault and broke one but Ozarks have replacement sections and very good customer service so I just bought the broken section.

Post Thanks / Like

Where can you get the Ozark rods at? Are they spinning rods? Thank you, jackb

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much the same with me. I've got an 8' for close and up personal fishin, but my favorite is a 10' & 12' B&N, similar to an Ozark, in the med heavy. Great for dabbin in stickups and bringin your slab straight up without gettin most of the stickup back with your fish.

On my ultra lights and other poles I use a 6-8 lb flurocarbon line, but for my dabbin poles I use a 20# Suffix braid with 6 diameter. I HATE loosing 2-3 lb slabs in sticks. Might be overkill, but I'd rather bend a hook back to normal than breakoff and loose a good fish. Just me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Went Long

Ron And I Just Went To 10' This Spring And We Are Liking Them For Dipping Around Trees And Brush..... We Have Both Ozark And Outlaw And Like The Ozark A Little Better, We Get Ours At Everharts In Clinton For $42 + Tax..... I Paid Close To $100 For My 5 And 6' Ultra Lites...... Still Like Them To.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    Jack, be sure you get the "jigging" rods and not the "spinning" ones. The jigging rods have small eyes and are lighter and more sensitive for vertical jigging.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    Jackb I have a 11 ft ozark rod for sale 40.00 I will be up at Truman this weekend. Call me or pm me if you want. 417-848-2240 Thanks Gary.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast