Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another braid question

Post Thanks / Like

Default another braid question

so far i have only used braided line on my super long pole and i haven't used it too many times. took some of the braided line off it to put on an 8 footer to give it a try. seen too many folks on here just swear by it to not give it a shot.

the line i have is a green color and is 3 pound diameter while being 8 pound strength.

looking at the different kinds at the store and i saw different colors and diameters. what brand, color, and strength do you all like?
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

Suffix hi vis fire orand 10 lb 2 lb dia. We use it on everything. Only braid I like.

Post Thanks / Like

Power Pro 10lb. 2lb. diameter. Green. Suffix good too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hothead View Post
    Power Pro 10lb. 2lb. diameter. Green.
    DITTO

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You will find out everybody likes something different. I have tried a lot of them and keep going back to Stren sonic braid in the hi-vis gold.

Post Thanks / Like

1 st Stren sonic braid hi vis.
    2 nd power pro
    I do not even take it off when fishing clear water. Right Ted!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep!

10/2 power pro on everything all year long. White mostly unless on long poles or if the water is muddy then yellow. Eventually it will fade lighter or to near white., but still works the same.

If you are wanting to get a good deal on 10/2 power pro, cabelas has clearanced power pro ice its mostly for ice fishing but is no different than regular power pro. Its blue and is selling 3.88 for 75 yards. Its on line in the bargin cave, I stocked up the other day!
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Suffix here. Green color, and I use 20# 6 diam. on my main dabbin pole. HATE loosing slabs in sticks. Gotta carry a glove to pull it loose when it hangs up though. It'll cut your hand if you're not careful. Got 10# 4diam on another dabbin pole.

Downside is it tends to wrap round your tip in wind, and you need to be a little more patient with the hook set. With no strech, you get the 'feel' right now, and can make you a little quick on the trigger. Love the sensitivity.

I've got it on my bait casters too and love it. Just gotta work with the settings a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hothead View Post
    Power Pro 10lb. 2lb. diameter. Green. Suffix good too.
    DITTO
    DITTO+1

Only I use High Vis Yellow. (And the only Suffix I've used is 4lb mono in yellow)

Post Thanks / Like

Tried a ton of different braided lines. The one I like best is Cabelas Ripcord SI in hi-vis yellow. 10 lb test, 2 lb diameter.

I would like to try the orange variety although I'm unsure as to whether it would show up as well as yellow when dock fishing around boats where it's super shady.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast