Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cell phone coverage at Smithville?

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Cell phone coverage at Smithville?

I'm thinking about getting a cell phone so I can fish late without causing worries at home... And for emergency communication.

Those of you who use your cell phones on the lake... How good is the coverage of the Smithville area? What provider do you use?

"Honey, the crappie just started biting... No, that's not a juke box... It must be the radio on that pontoon boat across the cove... Yes, I hear girls laughing... They must be on the pontoon too... "

Post Thanks / Like

Default needed a cell once out on Truman

Quote Originally Posted by ShortStorie
    I'm thinking about getting a cell phone so I can fish late without causing worries at home... And for emergency communication.

Those of you who use your cell phones on the lake... How good is the coverage of the Smithville area? What provider do you use?

"Honey, the crappie just started biting... No, that's not a juke box... It must be the radio on that pontoon boat across the cove... Yes, I hear girls laughing... They must be on the pontoon too... "
    I was night fishing out on Truman a couple of years ago when a pontoon boat tied up a couple 100 feet from us (maybe more). They were out partying. My wife (now my ex) and I could hear them very plain.
    They had this one girl on there that was not going along with there program. We could hear her saying NO, NO I will not do that, No leave me alone. The guys kept on her and telling her is was a long swim to shore and the dock even more.
    Thats the only time I have missed having my cell phone again. I got ride of it 3 or 4 years ago but have been thinking of getting another one.
    She must have done what they wanted her to because she got quite and never heard anyone in the water.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

My luck with the crappie isn't the best but I'm luckier than I deserve on the home front. I can be enjoying my retirement, harrassing the fish... and she will still fix supper after she gets home from work... Don't want to give her reason to change... I'm not THAT good a cook, either. (Big mess of crappie always puts a smile on her face)

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, shortstorie you better keep that one... Hey Crappiehead we carry some communication in the glove box that you could have used that day, it would change his mind, cause it is a long swim but its a shorter trip to the bottom of the lake for him. Dont know about smithville but i never have luck with a phone on the water

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Outlaw...Just noticed you're from Jefferson City... I lived there Kindergarten through 4th grade... (Lived on Hazelton Drive) Dad was a state park inspector... He didn't fish but I still remember a park employee handing me a spin casting rod/reel baited with a nightcrawler... Hooked a trout just long enough to hook me for life.

Post Thanks / Like

SS-never had a problem with cingular service in the smithville area-but then again-it usually stays in the car

I do carry a de-activated cell on the boat,it still can call 911 in an emergency-Haven't had to try that yet.Thats about the only reason why I would want to be on a phone when I'm trying to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Very good signal with T-mobile but I dropped mine in the lake few month ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Good place for it!! :D