Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sardis

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sardis

Caught 24 crappie this morning fishing tops. Fish are still 10'-11", but lots of them. There is a lot of trolling activity on the lake getting ready for the big crappie tourney this Friday and Saturday. I understand this is some sort of Classic with top teams from around the country. Weigh-in is at Engineers Point around 3:30-4:00 PM each day. It might be interesting!

Post Thanks / Like

Pops

I was down there last Friday and yesterday both days real sucky for me. Friday I only managed 4 keepers with one going 13 incher and the rest all 12 inchers. Wind out of the Northeast was a little to brisk for me but thought I would try them anyways. Fished Piney Area and around rocking chair all coming in 11-12ft of water. Water clarity really varied everywhere I stopped. Monday went with a friend managed 9 keepers 2 over 13 inchs. Fished new areas but didnt do any good went back to piney to catch only fish. All fish caught both days on black\chart. tube jigs. I know I wont be able to put in at Hurricane Landing Friday if I go so I might have to put in at Clear Creek. I have fished clear creek before with some success last year as the water was fallen but other than that I am clueless to where to go or places to try. I can troll but dont like to rather be jigging however I know that there is not much timber the closer to the dam as you get. Have any suggestions let me know if not I might have to drive around to Holiday Lodge.

Thanks
    Spawner

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, there is a Classic down there this weekend. It is Joe Miller's. He is one of the original owners of Crappie Masters. He sold that association, and created his own circuit just down in MS this year. My partner Bart & I were even qualified to come fish his Classic due to a cross qualifying agreement between CAST & Joe's association. Wish we could of made it down to fish in it. Neither of us could get it worked out so that we could come down. We are still pretty bummed out about that!

Bart & I still have one more Classic we are qualified to fish in this year though. That will be at the end of October for CAST. We are commited to fishing that one no matter what comes up...God willing that is.

I sure love Sardis, and would of loved to give the 'ol boys a run for their money this weekend. Oh well, maybe next year...You guys sure are lucky to have all of that great fishing at Sardis! Maybe I can meet some of the board memebers there the next go 'round?

<,"}/>{ Rippa

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Went out yesterday (friday) decided to put in at Clear Creek rather than Holiday. Smart move considering all the tournament boats that were at Holiday. I motored all the way to piney anyway to at least try it. Dumb move on my part fish would not bite for me in my normal holes plus the wind was at least 14 mph out of the east. I would say alot of the tournament guys and gals werent doing that good at least what I could see. I saw a few of the guys jigging timber like me but didnt see them put anything in there boats. Most looked to be trolling and I didnt see them doing much better alot of throwbacks. I worked my way back to Clear Creek and fished some under water brush that was in about 8-10 ft caught 5 keepers all 10-12 inchs trolling motor battery had done been pushed to its limit so I called it a day. Should have fished the brush first thing yesterday morn!

Spawner