Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pomme De Terre

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pomme De Terre

Hello all,

I just bought a new (to me) boat and I am planning on a camping trip to Pomme De Terre lake in about two weeks. I lived on the lake for a couple years as a kid but its been more than twenty years since I was there. We are planning to do a lot of fishing, some tubing, and a lot of relaxing. I am curious about how the fishing has been in recent years on the lake and I would also like to know if the lake has become a party lake. As much as I like Lake of the Ozarks for its beauty I dislike the crowds and party goers and avoid it during the summer.
    Remember, its the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site from Truman lake. We have a few guys on here who fish Pomme as there home lake. They will chime in to help you out. The fishing had been good most of the spring and early summer from what they had said. I am sure it is not nearly as bad as Loz for boat traffic.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site from Springfield MO. Never fished Pomme so can't help you out there. But welcome all the same.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board from Raymore, MO! been at least 10 years since i fished pommy, and LOZ is too busy for me. Truman is pretty hot this year! congrats on the new boat!
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdwsdw1 View Post
    Hello all,

I just bought a new (to me) boat and I am planning on a camping trip to Pomme De Terre lake in about two weeks. I lived on the lake for a couple years as a kid but its been more than twenty years since I was there. We are planning to do a lot of fishing, some tubing, and a lot of relaxing. I am curious about how the fishing has been in recent years on the lake and I would also like to know if the lake has become a party lake. As much as I like Lake of the Ozarks for its beauty I dislike the crowds and party goers and avoid it during the summer.
    WELCOME FROM SPRINGFIELD, MO. I FISH POMME ALOT AS MY HOME LAKE. AND I ALWAYS CALL THE LAKE, A MILWAUKEE BEST BEER LAKE, NOT MANY PARTY GOERS OR CROWDS. GRANTED ON A HOLIDAY WEEKENDS YOU'RE GOING TO FIND CROWDS ON ANY LAKE. BUT POMME HAS BEEN MORE QUIET THAN THE REST. DURING THE SUMMER YOU WILL STILL FIND ALOT OF GOOD OLD BOYS WITH JUST 9.9 MOTORS OUT ON THE LAKE FISHING.

AS FAR AS THE FISHING IT HAS BEEN UP AND DOWN. THE MUSKIE HAVE AFFECTED THE FISHING FOR CRAPPIE AND ALSO THE HIGH WATER. USUALLY YOU CAN GET A MESS OF FISH OR TWO. I HAVE NOT FISHED POMME SINCE EARLY SPRING THIS YEAR DUE TO THE FACT I AM TRYING TO LEARN TRUMAN. BUT SHOCKLEY32 HAS BEEN CATCHING ALOT OF FISH UP THERE THIS SUMMER. JUST PM HIM AND HE WILL BE GLAD TO HELP YOU OUT.

Post Thanks / Like

The fishing down there has warmed up in the last few weeks. I have been fishing about 12' deep in 12-30 FOW and the fish seem to be relating to cover. I usually fish LOZ anymore, but was raised on Pomme de Terre. Spend a few days on the Ozarks and you'll be longing to head south. Plus you can swim in the water without catching something nasty.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information and warm welcome, this is pretty much what I wanted to hear. I have fond memories of walking the hills with my uncle and fishing with my parents and grandparents when I was about 6 years old.

I work in an often stressful job in the information technology field out of Lees Summit. The opportunity to get away from computers and get outdoors is something I value more than I can say. Im glad to hear that Pomme De Terre hasn't turned into a smaller version of LOZ, I want to relax with my family and fish, not deal with a bunch of loud party goers.
    Remember, its the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site. I fish Pomme a lot and it is a great lake. The crappie fishing on Pomme has been hot, hot and hotter over the last couple of months. I haven't been able to hit it much the last two weeks but my neighbor has been tearing it up.

Crappie Slayers Tournament Series is having a Friday night tournament this week. After it is over I'll post the results and a fishing report. The lake finally got down to normal pool and you should be able to catch crappie around the standing timber and in the brush piles. The conservation dept has put out a lot of piles, green signs everywhere. You can hit a few until you find the fish.

The boat traffic has picked up on Pomme the last few years. However it is only on the weekend, during the week you've got the lake to yourself. If you stay away from the dam area you don't have to worry too much about the water pest. Hope to post a report soon.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from Pomme today......didn't fish it but i sat on dock and drank beer last night. Water color and level in great shape....not much in the way of boat traffic. Gonna give a workover this weekend...will report!!
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Pomme by myself last Friday 7/3. I started at daylight and had a limit of crappie by 8:40. Most of the fish were in the 10 to 11 inch range. I fished jigs around standing timber which you can see plenty of since the lake is close to power pool. The fish I caught were 6 to 10 feet deep in 10 to 20 foot of water.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast