Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Aerator pumps

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Aerator pumps

I need to replace my aerator pump again, I don't even remember what I put in there the last time but would appreciate some recommendations.
    My crappie boat is a bass boat and the live well fills and drains from the same hole. Needless to say, I keep getting shiners in the system when it drains. Usually I can blow it out to clear it, but this time it got the impeller. Anyone else have this problem?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I need to replace my aerator pump again, I don't even remember what I put in there the last time but would appreciate some recommendations.
    My crappie boat is a bass boat and the live well fills and drains from the same hole. Needless to say, I keep getting shiners in the system when it drains. Usually I can blow it out to clear it, but this time it got the impeller. Anyone else have this problem?
    Dont use live bait then you wont have this problem

Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked for a screen you could attach somehow ?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Vowell
    Have you looked for a screen you could attach somehow ?
    Yea, I tried window type screen, but the mesh was too fine. I guess I'll have to experiment with some coarser mesh.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I had somewhat of the same issue last year. I put minnows/shiners in my front livewell, and forget the fatheads were small enough to get sucked into the aerator hole. When I opened the lid after the first cycle or two - presto! instant chum. A small section of window screen and a few dabs of waterproof caulking stopped that problem.

You could terminate the end in the livewell with the same end as the intake. My intake(s) rear of boat have a 2" diameter, plastic, cover that acts as a filter - you'll have to make sure you have the clearance for thi smounting though.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

They actually make a screen that is already attached to a plug that will fit in the hole.. I would look around for one before I tried to make one..

crappiecatter Guest

Default areator pump

Instead of just covering the tube, make it like a bubble, about 3 inches diameter.

Post Thanks / Like

Patrick - Do you remember where you seen those plugs?

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I want to say I seen them at a boat distributor.. or the hardware store..