PDA

View Full Version : Aerator pumps

Barnacle Bill
09-12-2004, 06:23 PM
I need to replace my aerator pump again, I don't even remember what I put in there the last time but would appreciate some recommendations.
My crappie boat is a bass boat and the live well fills and drains from the same hole. Needless to say, I keep getting shiners in the system when it drains. Usually I can blow it out to clear it, but this time it got the impeller. Anyone else have this problem?

KILLER
09-12-2004, 06:47 PM
I need to replace my aerator pump again, I don't even remember what I put in there the last time but would appreciate some recommendations.
My crappie boat is a bass boat and the live well fills and drains from the same hole. Needless to say, I keep getting shiners in the system when it drains. Usually I can blow it out to clear it, but this time it got the impeller. Anyone else have this problem?

:) Dont use live bait then you wont have this problem :)

Patrick Vowell
09-12-2004, 10:57 PM
Have you looked for a screen you could attach somehow ?

Barnacle Bill
09-13-2004, 08:41 AM
Have you looked for a screen you could attach somehow ?

Yea, I tried window type screen, but the mesh was too fine. I guess I'll have to experiment with some coarser mesh.

Big Zig
09-13-2004, 09:22 AM
I had somewhat of the same issue last year. I put minnows/shiners in my front livewell, and forget the fatheads were small enough to get sucked into the aerator hole. When I opened the lid after the first cycle or two - presto! instant chum. A small section of window screen and a few dabs of waterproof caulking stopped that problem.

You could terminate the end in the livewell with the same end as the intake. My intake(s) rear of boat have a 2" diameter, plastic, cover that acts as a filter - you'll have to make sure you have the clearance for thi smounting though.

Patrick Vowell
09-13-2004, 08:35 PM
They actually make a screen that is already attached to a plug that will fit in the hole.. I would look around for one before I tried to make one..

crappiecatter
09-14-2004, 07:09 PM
Instead of just covering the tube, make it like a bubble, about 3 inches diameter.

Barnacle Bill
09-15-2004, 08:29 AM
Patrick - Do you remember where you seen those plugs?

Patrick Vowell
09-15-2004, 08:59 AM
I want to say I seen them at a boat distributor.. or the hardware store.. :confused: