Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Getting ready for Fall

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting ready for Fall

I know, I know. Summer is barely here, but I just have to keep busy hoping the next few weeks will be fruitful for the Fall harvest. :rolleyes:

Remember that many food plots need to be in the ground in August. It doesn't hurt to get that ground prepped before then. After that, I gotta get me a couple of digital trail cameras that won't break me and still do the job.

Finally, I donated a set of Spring Predator camos to the neighborhood thief by keeping 'em hanging outside after each hunt. Guess he needed them worse than myself. I still have a fall set of predators, which I prefer anyway, but will be buying a set of ASAT camo before 1 October, as well. I WON'T be leaving out where people can see them.

So, there's plenty to do and ALWAYS bow practice to get the ole' muscles back in working order again...and scouting, scouting and more scouting a new 300 acre piece of ground I just acquired access to. :D Now that makes a man anxious to get it all going.

Be safe and have a great summer prep.

aj

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arkie John View Post
    I know, I know. Summer is barely here, but I just have to keep busy hoping the next few weeks will be fruitful for the Fall harvest. :rolleyes:

Remember that many food plots need to be in the ground in August. It doesn't hurt to get that ground prepped before then. After that, I gotta get me a couple of digital trail cameras that won't break me and still do the job.

Finally, I donated a set of Spring Predator camos to the neighborhood thief by keeping 'em hanging outside after each hunt. Guess he needed them worse than myself. I still have a fall set of predators, which I prefer anyway, but will be buying a set of ASAT camo before 1 October, as well. I WON'T be leaving out where people can see them.

So, there's plenty to do and ALWAYS bow practice to get the ole' muscles back in working order again...and scouting, scouting and more scouting a new 300 acre piece of ground I just acquired access to. :D Now that makes a man anxious to get it all going.

Be safe and have a great summer prep.

aj

It'll be here before we know it

Post Thanks / Like

6 weeks is open day in our state. hot but get one good buck with velvet every year

Post Thanks / Like

What ArkieJohn said. I don't think you can scout enough EARLY. One more piece of advice is get yourself a thermocell for those early fall hunts. Wouldn't leave home without it.

Next, shoot, shoot and shoot. Be able to pull your bow from a sitting position without grunting and pointing the dang thing skyward - less you got your critters trained to be patient with you. lol

Post Thanks / Like

also need to get those decoys re-rigged and repainted (probably will wait till the last minute again) LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Com on Oct 1st.

Ive started shooting already about 2 or 3 times a week when I get time. I ROBIN HOODED one a couple days ago.
    Name:  111.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  88.5 KB

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Altho I would really like to say that I was able to pull off a "Robin Hood"......those dang carbon arrows are a little too expensive for me to take the chance........

I shoot at a different bull's eye with each arrow....

Congrats on your's tho.. they really are neat lookin.......
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

it's been so dang hot here the last week that I can't wait until fall. I've been seeing a couple of bucks that are shooters already and they still have time to grow some more. I've already got some vacation penciled in for bow and rifle season this year.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!