Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: okuma rod review

Post Thanks / Like

Default okuma rod review

I had my eye on a OKUMA rod at Hammonds for awhile now and with getting ready for tournament season coming up I went a head and picked one up. I matched it with a cardinal 102 with 6 pound hi vis Fireline. For a crappie rod you couldnt pick up a finer piece of equipment. I have been using B & M sharpshooter rods with are good rods but they just are now where as sensitive as my Okuma ce-s-502ul-1. I plan on replacing all of my dock rods with these Okuma rods. Teamed up with the 6# fire line you can feel everything from the slightest bite to the minnow flicking its tail. It held up very well last night while we were night stalking some crappie and shooting some dock lights .We ended the night with well over 100 fish to the boat and I attribute that to the sensitivity of the rod. Stop by Hammonds and check the rods out I dont think you will be disappointed. I know I wasn't and I go through a lot of rods. lol

Hammonds, Your Fishing Tackle Resource!

Post Thanks / Like

Bought one at Sportsmans Warehouse last year, don't use it much, since it doesn't suit my primary fishing tecniques. But, it is a fine rod. Especially since I caught it on sale for $16.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536