Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Boat= No Toronto

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No Boat= No Toronto

Okay, I'm using yall for venting. He is the low down. I bought a new to me clean 93 285 pro XL Stratos with a 150 Johnson . Excited to say the lest. Finally I can stay out in the wind, I can run and fish were I want. Well..... 3 trips after buying it I loose 500 RPM's and it doggs out the hole. So I checked the plus and they were fouled. Talk to the mech. and he said it might be the VRO pump so unplugged it, I figured you cant blow it up if you mix the oil. That took all week to get out of the shop, which = no fishing in my new boat
    Well part 2... headed to Bucksaw yesterday, guess what the boat was still doing the same thing. NOT REALLY HAPPY!!!! Went from the lake to the shop, which has a 3 week wait . So in closing unless by some chance of good luck (which never happens to me ) Looks like MY NEW BOAT will be broke for my FREAKING, NO GOOD, DAD BLAIM, MOTHER NO GOOD, SON OF A GUN, TORONTO TRIP okay i'm better
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Man I Feel For U

Same Thing Happened To Me Several Years Ago, Couldn't Quite Plane Out Without Someone Going Up Front....... Buy A Whale Tail..... No Help...... Check And Two Pistons Had Broken Rings And Scored The Cylinder Wall....... $2000 Later I Am Running And This Is 15 Years Ago..... Finally Bought A New 150 Merc And No Problems Since......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    Same Thing Happened To Me Several Years Ago, Couldn't Quite Plane Out Without Someone Going Up Front....... Buy A Whale Tail..... No Help...... Check And Two Pistons Had Broken Rings And Scored The Cylinder Wall....... $2000 Later I Am Running And This Is 15 Years Ago..... Finally Bought A New 150 Merc And No Problems Since......
    I REALLY hope it's not that I dont have a another two grand to blow on it. My luck it is. It runs and starts fine other than the rpm drop and not wanting to plane out
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

Default So Did Mine

Run Great, U May Luck Out And It Could Just Be A Power Pack.... Hope So....good Luck On Your Motor......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    Run Great, U May Luck Out And It Could Just Be A Power Pack.... Hope So....good Luck On Your Motor......
    DO you remember what your plugs looked like

Post Thanks / Like

Default Plugs Looked Good

BUT WHEN WE PULLED ALL 6 AND LOOKED DOWN INTO TOP OF PISTONS WITH A LITTLE LIGHT YOU COULD SEE DAMAGE TO THE TOP OF THE PISTONS..... ONE CHITY FEELING...........

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Man this is my biggest fear. Major motor trouble. I worry about it everytime I hit the lake. Hope all goes well with it. Maybe you get lucky and it is something simple and cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't let it keep you from enjoying the Toronto trip. I will bring my boat and I'm sure Beagle is bringing his also. There will be either a boat or a seat you can have. Gonna be a good time.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I had an old 150 XP Evinrude do that and after changing plugs and changing fuel filters it ended up being 2 of my coils were bad on the high rpm side. The motor ran great until I needed the higher rpm's. I didn't even know there was a low and high side on the coils. The only way they found it was with a Dynamometer and that's when the coils would fail. Good Luck, Dave

Post Thanks / Like

after reading all the report's on toronto on the kansas board, hope it turn's for the better! i'm gonna try and get down there thursday and do a recoginance(spelling?) mission for us. there's alway's fall river, woodson, bring your walleye gear for woodson. got some big un's. never caught one there but talked to several that do real good for walleye. sit's down low if the wind is blowing and it's only a few hundred acre's (i think). we can alway's hang out and have a big party in the townsmen parking lot and cause havic!:D
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast