Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Normandy Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Normandy Report

I put in at Fire Lake as usual and let the water temps dictate which way I was gonna head to fish. The water temps up river were quite a bit warmer than down, which shocked me, so down the river I go. I fished some boo that made it through the drought along the highway before Barton Springs bridge, then moved over to Riley. After fishing Riley awhile, I fished the standing trees by the gas pump, I then headed up into truck body cove and stayed there awhile. After that, I headed over next to the dam and saw a Channel 4 news truck there and a female reporter in a ski boat flagging down people for interviews. Well, I am not one for television cameras because my appearance tends to make them not work very good, so I headed over to Cedar Point Boo. The day ended nicely with two limits all caught on jigs. Water temp was 85 to 88 depending on where you were. The fish seemed to be scattered. Lots of gills , but lots of crappie and the occasional nosy green carp. Thats the report, everyone be safe and beware of the drunks out there this weekend. That is why I won't be fishing the rest of the weekend, too many people who only go to the lake a few times of year out there on the water. I hear that there have been two boat wrecks with fatalities already in the state, no reason for that. Happy 4th everyone. FATBOY

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good report, John. Gotta get off Woods and expand my horizons a bit. Staying off the water on the 4th myself.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around