Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: night fishin get together

Post Thanks / Like

Default night fishin get together

i think a bunch of us should get out on lake union some night and catch some crappie, i was thinkin maybe this friday, what do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like

Im down as long as slabking comes and shows us where to fish....

Post Thanks / Like

everyone can go except masta.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

its ok, ill fish my thousands of secret spots by myself.........

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there no problem. It still might be a little early for the big Fall night bite but we'll find a few crappies and some largemouths. I can be at the launch by 8pm.

Post Thanks / Like

ok hold on one moment sounds great but.. how long do you think we will need to be out there, now i would like to be out there all night into the next day but i dont know if i will be able to but i should be able to fish for a few hours. Hook me up with the info slab.

Post Thanks / Like

If they are not on a good bite by 9:30...they just are not in yet. One could hunt them down and find them but I'd wait until they move into their Fall locations lol. There are several areas where they will stack up by the hundreds from Oct-Jan. They have yet to let me down in 6 years of winter fishing Union.

I'm almost 100% sure they will be stacked by now with the way the wheather has been lately. Heck, the smallies and perch on L. Washington have already moved out to 20-30 feet already. They seem to be moving out a little early this year. I'm still catching largemouth up shallow but they'll stay up until late Nov most years.

Post Thanks / Like

well i am up for it. do i need to get some lights on my boat, and what kind of riggs should be used as well if the crappie are not hitting are the bass still on a night bite?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the largemouths can be caught up shallow (1-12 feet) until the end of Nov no problem. Topwater, spinnerbaits, grubs and crappie jigs will catch them. For the crappie you'll just need 1/32 jigs and crappie nibbles. A small slip boober rig works well when you find a good school. They move up and down pretty fast so I just cast jigs I until find what depth they are at. Then I'll clip on a bobber and have it.

Lights work REALLY well but you can just use a latern and they'll hang out right under boat until you're tired if catching them. The green underwater lights work very well..you can see the schools at times when you use an underwater light. it's not needed at all though unless you really want to catch a mess of fish.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds awesome, can't wait to get into some crappie!

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast