Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 2" Senkos

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2" Senkos

Has anyone tried any of these? I bought a few packs on sale from the Yamamoto site last year. Tried them a few times, but never did well. Not sure if I was using them wrong or what? I usually hook them wacky style with a 1/32 oz. jig head suspended below a slip bobber. Any sugguestions?
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    Has anyone tried any of these? I bought a few packs on sale from the Yamamoto site last year. Tried them a few times, but never did well. Not sure if I was using them wrong or what? I usually hook them wacky style with a 1/32 oz. jig head suspended below a slip bobber. Any sugguestions?
    Crest L. can u put a picture up? Sounds cool as i us them some bass fishing!
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good dropshot bait for BASS>

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReelfootYankee View Post
    Crest L. can u put a picture up? Sounds cool as i us them some bass fishing!
    Will try today, yes.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Crest, I love senkos for Bass, but never tried the 2" version. To me, the attraction, at least for bass, is the shimmy it gets on the fall. I wonder what kind of action a 2" could possibly have. It seems the short-ness of it would prevent it from getting that wiggle. Do they make a 3" version. Seems it would have a better shot at getting that shimmy than the 2" would. Just noticed you're from MA. Not sure what size your fish are up there, so a 3" version may be way too big for you. Also, you might try just free falling the bait without the bobber. 98.9215% of the bites I've ever gotten on a Senko (bass) have hit it on the fall.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Just jumped out to GYBC to see what they look like and noticed this.

GYCB - Search

That 3" IKA looks like a winner as does the Yamaminnow.

Anway, here is the 2" Senko with a pic of a 5" for comparrison

GYCB - DIS-9A-20 - **Overstock Item**<BR> 2" Baby SenkoŽ

Did notice they make a 3" and a 3" slim Senko as well. Didn't see a 2" slim though. Assuming the 3" is not too large, I'll bet the 3" slim would have a ton more action than the 2" regular.

GYCB - Search

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe... View Post
    Just jumped out to GYBC to see what they look like and noticed this.

GYCB - Search

That 3" IKA looks like a winner as does the Yamaminnow.

Anway, here is the 2" Senko with a pic of a 5" for comparrison

GYCB - DIS-9A-20 - **Overstock Item**<BR> 2" Baby SenkoŽ

Did notice they make a 3" and a 3" slim Senko as well. Didn't see a 2" slim though. Assuming the 3" is not too large, I'll bet the 3" slim would have a ton more action than the 2" regular.

GYCB - Search

Wannabe...
    Thanks you,s guys wanna b yhea your wright i use the swim senko i thought that was what was being talked about but iam dead rong!
    That would be tuff i would iamagine to use for a crappie unless used with a speratic motoin? NO?
    or may be a great winter time bait when the fish are lathargic?
    I have a sleeper jig head that i would put on their that is not a spinner that would be killer Its not a small hy brid blade? but that would add actoin!
    Dont think i would go threw the trouble to do all that thou ?
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen the 2" senko's but never used them. A guy on another board says he cuts them like a beetle spin grub and uses them like that

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Wannabe about the 3 inch senkos. I saw a video on youtube where a guy was fishing for bass with a 3 inch senko and he caught a sunfish, so I would think you can catch a crappie with one.