Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BEAGLE? Need help, please.

Post Thanks / Like

Default BEAGLE? Need help, please.

Since we all know you are the ONE IN THE KNOW regarding cable tv...... I'm wondering.......

Since TV has gone to digital, and the camper antenna doesn't get anything except Sedalia would a house antenna help pull in the new digital stations? If so, what type would you recommend? We are in the Clinton area. Before they totally switched, we were getting KC stations, Springfield and Arkansas stations. Some were digital. Now since the switch, NOTHING except Sedalia. We'd love to be able to get some weather and news from the local stations. Any ideas???

We don't want to have to go to satellite since we are only there on weekends and a couple of random weeks here and there.

Thanks in advance, oh wisest one!

Post Thanks / Like

NOVICE,
    Borrow beagles dish.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yeh I Can

Show U Where It Is...........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

If you have or are able to get satellite for your home, you can always buy an extra dish and bring it with you on the weekend trips and use your 'home' satellite receiver. Just a thought.
    Swan-Diving off the tongues of crippled giants

Post Thanks / Like

now that all the smarty pants remarks are out of the way, I would say the first thing is to rescan your TV. After the stations went digital it is recomended to re scan the TV. go to menu and channel search digital only, and that should take care of it, if not let me know, one more thing do you leave the TV plugged in while you are away, if so you may have to rescan every time you plug it in. let me know If I can be of any help. I lost all my channels and rescaned and now got them all back. a regular ant. works great. I get a bunch of channels here at the house some as far away as 90miles. and only have a regular ant. nothing special. later

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are bad!!!

We rescanned the TV (it got multiple digital channels before the switch) and we get PBS from Sedalia and that's it. We've rescanned a dozen times and that's it. Hubby rescans every time we get back hoping that something has changed but it hasn't. He's tried moving the antenna different directions and rescanning and once in awhile he can "almost" get another digital channel but the quality isn't good.

Sounds like we need a better antenna. He doesn't really want to mess with the dish thing.

Thanks for your help, Beagle.

Post Thanks / Like

don't know if it would help but on the ky3 tv web site(springfield,mo.) there is a article that shows Pierce Electric in Billings,Mo.that has a contract with the FCC to come and fix the change over problem's free of charge,,,,the article states that you must have the converter box....
    the phone number listed is 1-877-848-2288,,,don't know if they will come as far north as you are but a phone call may help you with your problem.....

hope this helps,,,mike
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

You still need a converter box if you have a brand new digital compatible tv? We got this one a month before the conversion and were getting the digitals as well as analog channels wonderfully after we did our channel scan. The digital channels (we had about five or six) were crystal clear!

THEN ZIP!

Post Thanks / Like

just thought of one more thing, If you have a pream on the ant. it may be off. check the little green light or red light, there should be no reason it doesnt work now if it worked befor, make sure all connection are tight, all cords plugged in, you dont need a converter box on the new dig. tvs I would think it's a amp problem. let us know

Post Thanks / Like

We have an antenna booster with a little button that we push to make it light up and it's working. We do the scan with the booster in the on position. Maybe it's not called a booster. ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast