Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Take a moment

Post Thanks / Like

Default Take a moment

As most of you who read my posts know i work 12 and a half hour shifts. I work three days one week and four the next. Unfortunately, i have to work every other friday, saturday and sunday. This is my weekend to work, so i am basically unaware of the outside world except for a television that i get to see in the break area at work a few minutes thoughout the day. Several times today, as in most days I work, i had to write down the date down on a piece of paper here, a piece of paper there and everytime I did it, i remember this fateful day three years ago. I was divorced at the time and had full custody of my two children and I remember dropping them off at school and going to pressure wash that morning. I stopped by a store to fill up with gas and remember seeing the Today Show airing footage of the first tower burning. I thought, dang, must have been an accident. I paid for my stuff and left. The first house i washed was a guys i worked with and by the time i got to his house, he said, the other tower has been hit. It didn't really dawn on me at the time what was going on so i continued pressure washing in my own little world. By the time i was done with the job, approximately 2 hours later, he had told me that they both fell, the pentagon had been hit, a plane that was hijacked had crashed, the president was in the air and that the country was in utter chaos and that schools were turning out. I will never forget leaving his house and getting to my children as fast as i could. Once i had them, i went straight home, turned on the television and was wondering what in the world was going on. Three years later, i am still wondering what in the world is going on. Some things in life aren't meant to be understood. But if you fine folks don't mind, i truely appreciate each and every one of you always willing to help out another person on here and i appreciate being able to come on here each and every day to read, learn, laugh and relax. I met a fine fellow this summer(Jerry Blake) and i never would have met him without this site. I thoroughly enjoy this site and i wished all AMERICANS had the kind of compassion and happiness in helping others that we do in helping others to enjoy Crappie fishing. Thanks for allowing me to yack for awhile. God Bless those innocent people who died and may we continue to get some payback. Take care.
    Last edited by fatboy; 09-11-2004 at 10:30 PM.

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

We just have to remember that this saying is very true. Freedom comes with a price. I was at work and while other knew about it cause they heard on radios, was never told until almost noon that day. People walked by me, and said nothing, knowing that full well, I had a daughter and son-in-law in the Army. So for the rest of the day was ticked off at my fellow co-workers. Went home and the wife had CNN on, and outside of eating supper was glued to the tv the rest of the evening and evenings to come, just trying to comprehend that day. A year later my daughter was sent to Rihaud Saudi Arabia for 15 months, and her hubby was sent to Kuwait, to wait until the marines did their assult on Iraq. But we all now see what is happenning in Russia, and they didnt agree with us attacking Iraq, but I truly wonder how they feel about it all now. This truly isnt over, and do believe that we will see attacks in this country again. Sorry to vent. Keith

Post Thanks / Like

I too was at work but, I did not care if my employer caught me watching T.V. For some reason I knew it was an act of terroism. I love politics so , I keep up with our government. I also have family members in the military, some have been to Iraq, and one going there next week. I sit here in peace , knowing that we owe our military our greatest respect. Thank all of you who has served,who is serving, and who have family members serving. I don't know if the war was warrented...because of my limited thinking... I do know this, when good people do nothing...evil abounds.

Barry Guest

As most of us were at work at the time of the first events of 9/11. I at first thought somebody was pulling my leg but when they turned on the TV in one of the conference rooms and I actually saw the events I was in state of total confussion of how this could be happening here in USA. Out of the terrible events of that day have come some good also. In today's paper was article about local fire department that becasue of federal funding that came out of 9/11 they were able to purchase state of the art safety equipment for the firemen.

Everday I thank God for this great country and to all those like myself who have served to keep our country the great nation it is...I say thank you. To those who are serving now or will be in future an even greater thank you. Now we are fighting an unseen enemy who will drive a car with a bomb and blow themselves up to kill others.