Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Made it home.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Made it home.

It is always fun to change up my fishing for a week and fish in the Gulf of Mexico. The water was really messed up this year and blue water was 100 plus miles off shore and we did not have the range to get there and back so we spent more time fishing in shore. Caught something new too, I caught an alligator gar. I set the hook on it and it did not move, then all at once it took off and I new I had a really big fish. It ran me to each side of the boat a couple of times and I finally got a look at it and could not believe how big it was. It was about 6 feet long. I finally got it up to the boat and to get a picture and let him go. JLT has the pictures so I will post them up as soon as I get them. I will say that Power Pro is some tough stuff, I was using a 6.6 Falcon rod and a Calcutta reel spooled with 50 lb Power Pro. This fish was at least 100 lbs. All in all we did not catch as many fish but did catch Red Fish, Red Snapper, Trigger Fish, White Trout, and a few others. Back to crappie next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad You Make It Back.

Chris And I Fished Stockton Friday Night.

Water Temp Is 29 Daytime Temp. We Saw 87 @ 1:00am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOOKEDONFISHIN' View Post
    Glad You Make It Back.

Chris And I Fished Stockton Friday Night.

Water Temp Is 29 Daytime Temp. We Saw 87 @ 1:00am
    Actually he meant 92 daytime temp.

Look forward to seeing your pictures.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome home, Tom. Time to go fishing yet?
    Chris, we fished 92 degree water all day Saturday on Tebo. At leat that is what both units said.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun trip. Truman is starting to heat up and should be good for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a great trip, can't wait to see the pics
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a heck of a good time...no work and fishing every day in the gulf:rolleyes: Looking forward to seeing those pic's! In the June 09 issue of the Mo. Conservationist, they have a pretty good article on fishing for Gar in mo using frayed nylon rope as a lure without hooks. The nylon tangles in their teeth and they can't let go. They are supposed to be quite the fighter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gatorbitu View Post
    Looking forward to seeing those pic's! In the June 09 issue of the Mo. Conservationist, they have a pretty good article on fishing for Gar in mo using frayed nylon rope as a lure without hooks. The nylon tangles in their teeth and they can't let go. They are supposed to be quite the fighter
    My brother made up one of those "lures", he is excited about trying it, If he ever catches anything on it I'll get some pictures of it.
    Fishing in the Gulf sounds like a great time.
    Glad to hear another member is home safe.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner