Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what a trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default what a trip

well i left kc on friday moring and headed down to grand lake ok. well i only made 10 miles north of joplin and thats when trouble started.. my 02 dodge started to over heat so i made it into joplin to a dodge dealer and had them look at it and told them that i was fish at grand this weekend so they got me in with in 45 min they came back and told me that the relay sen. for the fan went out $200 later i was on my way i made it 7 miles and started to over heat again went back to them by this time it was 330 and they said that they can work on it on sat. sat moring i get a call from them they said water pump and thormsat had to be replaced..$575 later back on my way having so much truck problem i decied to stay in mo so headed to stockton for a couple of days..i made it to stockton went to the state park got my camp site got everything out got set up and now for sum fishing...put in and ran about 3 miles then BANG!!!!!!! rasied the motor NO PROP dont know what i hit was in open water so towed in to orlens and a nice gentman gave me a ride to the state park to get my truck& trailer came back got them boat loaded it up and went back to camp and had a few nice cold ones them packed up this moring and came back to kc..so
    800 in truck repairs
    150 in gas
    50 in food
    75 in hotle room
    12 in camp site
    ??? in lower unit repair
    boy what a great weekend and neverd caught a d@*n fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Now When We Say

WE HAVE $50 A POUND IN CRAPPIE OR MORE, WE AIN'T KIDDING, SORRY FOR THE BAD LUCK......... TRUCK AND BOAT ALL I ONE WEEKEND, TOTAL BUMMER......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Man that sucks, but I do have to thank you for making me feel better about my crappy weekend.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like my trip back from Fl....decided to get new tires..600$..they said I needed new rotors also...200$...had them check a.c.,not real cold...2 speed radiator fan was broke on high speed...350$.....made it about 350 miles...timing belt broke...tow and hotel...2 days later and 2200$ in the hole I made it back to mo.

I think I'll steal the Kansas motto"Theres no place like home..!"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, if only you could click your heels and be there without spending any money.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Had those weekends. Man I feel your pain.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

SORRY man. hope it gets better and soon,

Post Thanks / Like

Been there....done that!! You might as well have it all happen at once and get it over with!!
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gloom...despair and agony on me...

Sounds like one of them old Hee Haw songs.

Hope you have a better week Champ.....I'd rather have in-laws in the house for a month than deal with what you had thrown at you this weekend.
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Sounds like one of them old Hee Haw songs.

Hope you have a better week Champ.....I'd rather have in-laws in the house for a month than deal with what you had thrown at you this weekend.
    Krazy, you must be a very patient man, or have some pretty nice in-laws. I know I couldn't last a month.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast