Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Umbrella ideas for the Summer heat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Umbrella ideas for the Summer heat

I have been wanting to buy a couple of umbrellas for the front and back of my boat. I know this is seasonal question that comes up every Summer but I sure would appreciate any new ideas or help on the types, sizes, brands that work best, or best places to buy the umbrellas. I'm also not sure what type of holders are needed for the umbrellas and need help there too. I've been a little hesitant to buy some not knowing what might happen when a sudden gust of wind blew in. I'd hate to end up in Kansas or Texas with that deer in the headlights look on my face. It's so hot here in NE Oklahoma in the Summer and the wind almost always comes sweeping down the plains.... if you know what I mean. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Pro Shop sells a umbrella set-up that you can mount to the back of your boat seat, they did sell them for around $30.00 i got one a few years ago for the wife to use. The down side is it does not fare to well when the wind is blowing hard.

You might check them out and see if it is something that might fit your needs.
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

Post Thanks / Like

I've been looking at these

Boat Sun Shades, Fish N Shades, Custom Boat Sun Covers, Shady Umbrellas, Boat Sun Shades, Boat-A-Systems, Fish-n-shades

They seem to be the best ones I've found. Could make them yourself if you could find an umbrella that would work....possibly one that's made for a patio set and find a piece of PVC that it would just slide into and then put a screw/bolt to hold it.

Post Thanks / Like

Look at the Bass Pro catalog. They have some umbrellas like the ones in the link. One person on that BPS website (reviews) said one of the umbrellas flapped noisily in the wind. Good luck!

Patti

Post Thanks / Like

found some beach umbrallas on sale yesterday on sale at freds for $5.49 ,bought 2 of them now i`ll have to figure out how i will mount them ,just a thought

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dusty_allen View Post

Boat Sun Shades, Fish N Shades, Custom Boat Sun Covers, Shady Umbrellas, Boat Sun Shades, Boat-A-Systems, Fish-n-shades

They seem to be the best ones I've found. Could make them yourself if you could find an umbrella that would work....possibly one that's made for a patio set and find a piece of PVC that it would just slide into and then put a screw/bolt to hold it.
    WOW!!! I shoulda gotten the patent because that is EXACTLY what I use.:D I bought the umbrella from Academy Sports and made a holder exactly like those in the picture. Works good too.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dusty_allen View Post

Great ideas and products.

Post Thanks / Like

been there done that, its a pain in the *** to fish with.
    get a mex. hat an be done with it, lol
    or fish early and late when their biting anyway.
    but then again if you want to spend the time and money, design a t-top for your boat.

sure is nice being in the shade.

I have lost a few umbrellas in the lake, also you become a sail boat in the wind. tough on long lining.
    good luck and let us know what you come up with.
    steve
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 06-28-2009 at 10:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I never thought of the sailboat aspect of the umbrella. Although they do come in handy during a serious downpour. I do have the wide brimmed hat and it works great. Especially at keeping eth sun off your neck. Some my think you look like a goofball. But hey, I ain't the redneck. :D
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Check these out. I have 2 on my boat. Kind of pricey but they work very well. I have the Mantis. www.pro-techt.com
    Last edited by chaunc; 06-28-2009 at 09:29 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast