Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you actually catch fish now?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you actually catch fish now?

Or do you just troll around with your net and pick up the cooked ones on top. Man, it's hot.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a good question. Temps are HI and that makes tough, but the tough are catching fish. Seems like the likely spots are deep water docks. I am thinking about trying after midnight till dawn or mid morning. The temps are diving in to the mid 70 s . It seems to take more fortitude than I have sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I just checked the gage (in the shade) on my patio. It read 118.3. I just cannot imagine being out right now on the water with the reflection and heat. Know you got to be fishing at night, but even then, mid 90's is still something to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like

Centerdriver

Yes, it's just a tad warm! As I'm sure you have read on this forum along with azbasszone, a lot of us switch to night fishing. Was on Roosevelt from 5pm Friday evening till noon on Saturday. Only fished for bass this trip - went for the evening & morning topwater bite. Then overnight & late morning we slowed down using plastics.

Couple weeks ago we went to Rosy launched at 3pm & bass fished till dark. Switched to Crappie fishing using green lights & minnows. Only managed 4 small crappie in the few hours we fished.

Give the overnight thing a try!

Larry
    Da Bears...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlll View Post
    Centerdriver

Give the overnight thing a try!

Larry
    Will do that. Where do you recommend for bank fishing. Left the boat in Texas, so limited as to where to go. Bet that I will have my little battery ran black light to glance around for them little brown irritating stingers too.
    Dusty

Post Thanks / Like

Not even close to being a bank fishing expert.....

I see your in Glendale. So the first thing that comes to mind is at Lake Pleasant. Try midweek at Pleasant Harbor Marina's north ramp under the street light that is close to the ramp. Overnight, Chum with anchovies or be there at first light for some striper action. Stop in at the Hookup and talk with those guys. They will give you the info you need.

Other option is Bartlett. You can post on azbasszone for more bank fishing tips - sorry, not much help am I :D

Larry
    Last edited by cousinlll; 07-14-2009 at 10:26 AM.
    Da Bears...

Post Thanks / Like

Trust me, ANY help is appreciated. Never tried to chum with anchovies. Just ate them on pizza. What bait should be used and for what kind of fish, other than the stripers, will be in there to catch?
    I am a member of AZBZ, so will look in there too. Thanks.
    Dusty

Post Thanks / Like

Not many places to actually bank fish in AZ. I do know that a lot of people bank fish at San Carlos also. There is less brush around the banks as well.

We usually switch to night fishing during this time loike other have said. As I type this I have not been out at all this summer due to Work and Vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the Tennesse page. look a at the Douglas reports and pictures. Those old Douglas boys catchem all year long

Post Thanks / Like

centerdriver... try the flats w/stump near creeks...
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast