Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new line from Berkley

Post Thanks / Like

Default The new line from Berkley

i doubt its even hit shelves yet, but i figered id ask anyhow.

Tried the new mono from berkely? cant remeber the exact name, but its selling point is the transition from hi-vis to lo-vis, being a bright gold above water do to UV rays, but nearly disappearing under water.
    Seen it in the latest bassmasters magazine, looks like it might be worth giving a shot, specially ifn your into the hi-vis stuff. Im sure it will be purty pricey, as the rest of there specialty lines.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting concept, but I wish Berkley would get with the program and stop introducing all these nylon lines with some special technology and get on the copoly bandwagon. I don't care how cool the technology is if I'm losing fish all the time because of line breakage. I'll stick with Gamma. If this was a copoly line with this feature, I'd be all over it.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly910 View Post
    i doubt its even hit shelves yet, but i figered id ask anyhow.

Tried the new mono from berkely? cant remeber the exact name, but its selling point is the transition from hi-vis to lo-vis, being a bright gold above water do to UV rays, but nearly disappearing under water.
    Seen it in the latest bassmasters magazine, looks like it might be worth giving a shot, specially ifn your into the hi-vis stuff. Im sure it will be purty pricey, as the rest of there specialty lines.

HB

Sounds like you are talking about Berkley vanish transition... its been around for a long time. Its good stuff but lowest test is 4lb. The regular Berkley Vanish is great line that comes in 2lb and I love it!
    Go ahead and buy it you will love it. You can get Berkley vanish at basspro sometimes in the discount section cheap if you look for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Its not transition. Its a new line.

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/cat.php?k=246830&sk=0
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Berkley Trilene Trans-optic, thats what its called, looks like its avaliable from 4lb test and up.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Berkley makes some good line, but they usually price themselves right out of my market.

aj

Post Thanks / Like

The key question: How long does it take to transistion from high-vis to low-vis? If you're pitching jigs, it doesn't take all that long to fall, and many crappie hit on the fall. And no, let's not debate high-vis effect on bites---some folks believe it has an effect and others don't, but I doubt either can convince the other of their position.

Post Thanks / Like

My only input on that is from with my experience with the older vanish
    transition - I know it goes from clear to gold in probably less than 5 seconds.
    I've pulled rods out of the locker into bright sun and watched it turn gold.
    I'd guess it goes back clear as quick, but

On the price thing, I did go back to the regular clear vanish because of price
    even though I liked the transition better.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

BPS here in Clarksville has it on the shelves now. I bought a spool last week, because it was pretty cheap (introductory price) and looked like a good concept. Have not tried it yet, still in the box. I plan on using it this weekend, I will let you know what I think, for what thats worth!
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

OK OK FELLAS ..........since im such a good guy, and willing to help any one, ill tell ya all what ill do, one of you fellas go out and buy a spool of it, go ahead and send it to me, and i will try it out for you and let you know exactly how it works :D this offer also applies to any new rods, reels, lures, depth finders, gps, boats, etc im willing to take one for the team for the advancment of crappie fishing stay safe out there all, God bless

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast