Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tree dippin question?

Post Thanks / Like

Default tree dippin question?

when dippin trees, do you use a single jig or double jig?

after i first learned about double jigging, i started double jigging all the time but am now thinking that 2 is not always better than 1. when i get into trees and get a bite, i'll get snagged on the other jig too often and am thinking that maybe a single jig is best for that.

i see spider rigs posted on here and wonder how you all fish those, single or double jigs? do you use those type of rigs only in open water or in-between trees too? my "spider rig" is just laying 3 poles on the floor of the boat :-)

i have been putting crappie in the boat for about 22 years, but only took it real seriously about 2 years ago... figured i'd tap into the endless knowledge on this site.
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use 2 jigs about 85% of the time. I like it just to get the jig down to 10 ft faster and they will go straight down through the limbs when it is windy. I have been using one 1/4 oz instead of two 1/8 oz lately. I use braid so no worries about hanging up. I do a decent job with 2 jigs even in the cedars. I get a lot of how the hell do you do that when fishing cedars with 2 jigs. Just have to work them slow.

Post Thanks / Like

I use two jigs in open water and around hardwood and hedge trees, but I use only one 1/16 oz jig in the cedars, it's a lot easier for me to feel the limbs with one jig. When the crappie are hitting it on the drop I will change to one jig to slow the jig down.

Post Thanks / Like

I use one jig in the trees, and 2 on spider rigs or 2 pole trolling.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

one jig all the time. don't think you get the same feel with 2 jigs vertical jiggin and getting hung , how do you get loose. with one jig it's easy 2 jigs is costly

Post Thanks / Like

two jigs most of the time, work slow,if I get hung up most of the time it's let the loose jig fall it will dislodge the hung up jig, open water some times three (3) jig set up on two poles and two jigs on the other two, and a one jig set up on the 7 ft. I always held two poles and slow trolled arround for years now I have them rod holders and my tiny little arms don't get so tired.

Post Thanks / Like

birddogs54 and myself was using two with a three inch bobby garland on the bottom and a 2 inch slabbuster on top . Worked well Friday for us , I found out that if I held it strait up and down I didnt hang up as much.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    I use two jigs in open water and around hardwood and hedge trees, but I use only one 1/16 oz jig in the cedars, it's a lot easier for me to feel the limbs with one jig. When the crappie are hitting it on the drop I will change to one jig to slow the jig down.
    Same for me most of the time. I go to a 1/32 oz jig when the fish are hitting it on the drop.......single jig also.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drfishjd View Post
    I use one jig in the trees, and 2 on spider rigs or 2 pole trolling.
    same here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by got crappie View Post
    birddogs54 and myself was using two with a three inch bobby garland on the bottom and a 2 inch slabbuster on top . Worked well Friday for us , I found out that if I held it strait up and down I didnt hang up as much.
    What Got Crappie said. I use 2 jigs 95% of the time.

Birddogs54
    2005 Ranger 519 Yamaha 200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast