Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buyers Beware!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buyers Beware!!!

If you run across Black Angel Jig Co. on the net and decide to place an order, think again. I am out $30.30 after ordering from them. $30.30 won't break me, but I don't like to be ripped off. It has now been over 6 weeks since my order was paid for, and I have nothing to show for it. Below is a dated account of what transpired.

May 13, 2009: Placed order for 6 jigs from their website. Immediately paid $30.30 through Paypal.

May 26, 2009: Called Black Angel Jig and notified the owner that no package had arrived.

May 26, 2009: Received email from owner saying if package did not arrive in a couple days call back and he would send out another.

June 4, 2009: Sent email saying package had not arrived.

June 4, 2009: Received email saying another package would be shipped out that day.

June 15, 2009: Sent email stating that no package had arrived. Received no response.

June 22, 2009: Called and spoke to owner. He said he would check on my order and call me back. Received no call back.

June 23-25, 2009: Numerous unanswered calls to owners cell phone.

June 24, 2009: Last unanswered email sent to Black Angel Jig Co.
    Luck favors the prepared.-Louis Pasteur

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exact same problem with TCO fly shop. They jipped me big time on a first order. While they did make a feeble effort to make good on the order, they never finished the job so I'm stuck with crap I didn't order (but paid for), don't want or need. And to this day will not fix the order.

Found out later on a fly fishing forum they entered the world of ebay and have been screwing up orders ever since.

Good post, thanks for the update.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggestion:
    Take and send this thread to them and let them see the negative
    post they are getting.............
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update:

UPDATE:

The owner saw this post on another site and responded on 6-27 that he would send out the order Monday and I should get it by Wed. It is now Friday night, and still no package. I am going to file a complaint with Paypal Monday. Maybe I will get my money back.

Post Thanks / Like

You only have 45 days to file a complaint with Paypal. If you paid through paypal with a credit card, you still have a good chance to recover your money. Just file a dispute with your credit card company.

Those ripoff places will string you along saying the stuff has been re-shipped to try to keep it going until the 45 day limit has passed and then Paypal won't do anything to help you. Any time you pay online with paypal, make sure it's with a credit card and not your bank account or debit card and then you have lots more protection against getting ripped off.

Post Thanks / Like

Default smart

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    You only have 45 days to file a complaint with Paypal. If you paid through paypal with a credit card, you still have a good chance to recover your money. Just file a dispute with your credit card company.

Those ripoff places will string you along saying the stuff has been re-shipped to try to keep it going until the 45 day limit has passed and then Paypal won't do anything to help you. Any time you pay online with paypal, make sure it's with a credit card and not your bank account or debit card and then you have lots more protection against getting ripped off.
    thanks for the good tip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

Thats good to know. Thanks
    Live and Learn."Life's short fish Hard"

Post Thanks / Like

turn them into the federal trade comission

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip, Grumpy. I may be SOL on this one. I thought you had to wait 45 days to file with Paypal. I didnt realize it was a 45 day time limit.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I'm SOL. I tried to file a dispute at Paypal and it was too late. 45 days is the limit. Looks like I am out $30. I will have to get $30 satisfaction from posting on every forum I can find about these crooks. Friends don't let friends order from Black Angel Jig Co.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast