Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: plastic headlights fogged/scratched

Post Thanks / Like

Default plastic headlights fogged/scratched

Got a '04 car,not that old but close to 200k miles...don't know the official term but have the plastic complete headlight assembly.

Dang...arm and a leg to replace...just real hazy..not bright any more.(about 75$ each)

Tried 0000 steel wool on a small spot to try and clear it up..no luck.

Any products that polish/clear it?

Post Thanks / Like

Uep I Just Watched A Show This Past Weekend And They Were Promoting Maguire's Polish,,uses A Drill And A Buffer ,spread Paste On Lense And Buffer Then Just Let The Drill Do The Rest,,,,,looked Good After They Were Done,,,,
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Cook, someone else just went thru this with a F150. Found some real reasonable lenses here: Discount Auto Parts Online - Mercedes Parts, BMW Parts, Volvo Parts, Volkswagen Parts - PartsGeek.com New Auto Body Parts Might be worth a look.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I heard tooth paste works to clear up cloudy head light covers, but never had the problem to try it out.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at Oreilly Auto Parts a couple of days ago and noticed they had some stuff for the headlight lenses. Probably all the auto parts stores carry it.

Post Thanks / Like

Rubbing compound and a buffer/sheepskin wheel. Be careful and don't get it going too fast or stay in one spot too long, it will melt the plastic. Works great, but it won't last long. I have heard some have had a more lasting effect using a good wax after buffing.

Post Thanks / Like

Plastic buffing compound, can get it at auto parts store, it's for PLASTIC, most motorcycle riders use it on their windscreens,,,,,,, I've used it and it works fine

I did see at a place in Sedalia, stero store a block west of 50 & 65 hwy that they have a filler compound that they apply,,,,,, $45 per vehicle.

Bulletman
    Bulletman aka Tommy