Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chat Room>>> What are your thoughts? Mine are.....

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chat Room>>> What are your thoughts? Mine are.....

While you are on Crappie.com this time go sign in the chat, open another windows to surf the site.
    If you are lucky you can bump into guides, tournament anglers, crappie pros, jig dealers/makers, Crappie rod designers, Rod holder company reps, Crappie tournament directors, Association presidents, teachers, fishing show producers and many more. Why more of you don't drop in beats me...

ED
    Please don't remove it because of a few idiots. Most of us are adults on this site. Some may not choose to conduct themselves as such. The chat is only busy from 8pm -10pm. Most of the regulars are there at those times. I don't get in there as much as I have in the past but I do know some good people chat in there. I've seen disputes. I was even in one of them. We even lost some posters from the board because of egos. Posters that had knowlege to share with us novices. You get to kinda see more into a member by chatting there. Questions get answered faster, plans get made, and deals are finalized in the chat room.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Being semi-computer illiterate, I got no idea how to do what you talked
    about, but maybe I'll figure it out.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

I don,t know how [I,m puter dumb] how these people do this stuff but I would sure hate to lose chat room over somebodys dumb tricks

I chated that night with who I thought was the right person and he sure fooled me
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen other chat rooms be shut down because of the foolishness of a few. There have even been websites shut down for that reason.

I have not been able to get on the chat for some time, but sure like being able to touch base with fellow chatters form time to time.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone who visits my web page I can see there IP address in a report if I want to. Let me know alot about who visits for marketing infor.
    Lets me know if my ex is checking up on my web pages also. Told her to stay off of them.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 09-15-2005 at 11:36 PM. Reason: space saving
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Moose:

If a person is using a network hub or router will their IP address always be the same? What about wireless access? Just wondering.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to chat a few times, but never when anyone else was in there. One thing might bear mentioning...I log on and post from my computor at work, and at home, so you'd get different IP addys depending on my location.
    Snal~
    1992 Alumacraft 14' Jon Boat w/ 15hp Johnson
    1988 Party Barge w/Rude 90hp (project finished!)
    1994 C Dory 22 Angler w/ twin Honda 45's
    7 Kayaks, 1 canoe
    www.snartracing.com (my other passion)

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Moose>> Now you have took this thread over my head. lol
    Hope all works out in the chat room. I'll check the IPs. I sure wish I was able to catch more of you guys in there but I don't get on until yall leave most nights. The winter is when I get a chance to chat with all of you. Hope to chat with you all at one time or another.
    Tight lines to ya!
    Smitty

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of curosity, I ran the test Moose talked about. I am running Win XP, wireless through a router and a cable modem. My IP addy stays the same. I don't know if the router hides it from the outside world or not.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i went to chat and signed in as papasage and it showed up and went in another name and the same #came up will it do the same if i use another computer .like the one i have at work . [now inthe shop]

yes please leave the chat and when some one is using another name just ignore what they are saying . usealey we can tell the difference becouse we know each othe and that we talk to enough to catch some imposter maby ed can or some one can do something to keep imposters out
    i do go there some but most nights i have to go to bed at 9:00 and dont have time .but i do like to read the history
    don`t jump to a bad conclusion to what some one sayes . just wait and see . . anyway what some one sayes something that is their opinion . they might not like my opinion either. ithat is why i keep them to myself . it will just lead to bad feelings .
    retired and now i will always fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast