Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie not politics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie not politics

I wish we could get past this blame game and back to crappie, I saw it almost ruin a camping forum. I have not meet but one member in person but feel that you all are my internet friends. I have not posted my views but have found out that some of my internet friends have views that are 180% out from mine but I'm putting that behind me and moving on, so lets get back to crappie and other fun things. There was only one perfect person and He was nailed to a tree so I feel that we all make mistakes so lets get over it and move on. I hope my photos come out. I got my boat out and went to the lake for the first time since early May, stayed about 2 1/2 hrs until the wind blew me home. Was planning on going back to a lot of my holes and entering them in my GPS, got to my first place and they were there. Caught about 8 keepers and a lot of 9" throwbacks, they have to be 10" in Okatibbee. Some of the black crappie were so wide they would not go to the bottom in my measuring device, one of those you put in nose first in a clear plastic thing. The largest was 14" and the next 3 were 12" to 12 1/2". One photo shows what I caught them on. It sure was fun to get back on the water after all the hot weather.

Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking mess of fish. Good Pictures. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Were you fishing with a Republican (Crips), or a Democrat (Bloods)? I assume that the fish were bi partisan?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know and don't care who he was fishing with Gooch. LOL But he sure brought home a nice table stringer.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a pink jig in one hand and a shad jig in the other. You can see them in the closeup of the 3 fish. I had no one else in the boat with me. Maybe one jig was a red state and the other a blue state. The pink jig caught the most until the sun got higher and then the shad jig took over. The fish were about 10" deep along a drop off into 15" to 20" and all the fish were on stumps. Most came from down lake close to the dam. The 2 biggest came from up lake in 7" of water on 2 other stumps but the wind was blowing so hard I was unable to stay on them. Have to be out of town the rest of the week but hope to get back on the water next week if the weather stays cool in the mornings.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff