Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: papasage

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default papasage

will be in kentucky next week . will be in germontown ky. .any good fishing in that aera
    retired and now i will always fish

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by papasage
    will be in kentucky next week . will be in germontown ky. .any good fishing in that aera
    Papasage ... if you are talking about Germantown, Ky (NE Ky near the Ohio/WVa border) ... then your closest "good fishing area" would be Cave Run Lake. That's about a 1.5hr drive. As I understand it, the lake came up 4ft from the rains from "Frances". They are pulling it back down. Crappie were being caught in 12-15ft of water around the standing timber, on minnows & jigs ... but the lake will probably have to be back down to pool and stable, before the good bite will resume.
    If you are interested in going there - I can recommend a site to check out beforehand:
    look at the reports on Cave Run at :
    http://p207.ezboard.com/bkentuckyanglingforum

There are some small lakes, back towards I-75 from Germantown ... but I haven't been on any of them since I was a young'un ...LOL! Most of the lakes I fish are located South of Lexington (home) ......luck2ya ...cp

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks crappiepappy. leaving today hope to be there tomorrow . dont know if i will have time to fish but am going to try . my daughter and suninlaw will have to work a lot while we are there . they and a partner baught the feed mill there and it take a lot of time . it was run down when they went there last oct. now it is doing good .
    got some fish in the freezer going to take them and have a fish fry .
    going to stop at wats bar and stay a friday night and sunday night . going to meet some i boat members there may do some fishing too. papasage
    retired and now i will always fish