Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Open Message to anyone in the Chat room tonight

Post Thanks / Like

Default .

Last edited by Moose1am; 02-16-2006 at 11:32 AM.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    I have not been posting in the chat room for a while. I do however view the chat history from time to time. Tonight at 11:30 PM I saw where somone used my name to post messages in the chat room. Evidently someone thinks if funny to impersonate me and give Tom (Cane Pole) Grief.

I don't appreciate that. Whoever did that needs to take a good long look at themselves in the mirror.

Some of the things that were said were pretty mean and I have sent a PM to Cane Pole regarding this incident tonight.

And I hope that whoever you are you stop this nonsense before it gets out of hand.
    That is one thing we can not have is someone posting under someone elses name or handle. If Ed has a way to track this using IP# he should look into it ASAP.

I hope this never happens again.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

How do you read the chat history?
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

After logging in look at the bottom of the screen. There are two 'buttons' one "chat" the other "history". Just click on the "history" button and the screen will change and allow you to scroll thru post that have been made.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

under the old board format someone went on under my name and said a lot of stuff id have never said. back then you could do that. i was thinking under this new format that noone could sign on uner your name. looks like someone has figured out how to do it
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default For the record...

I cannot access the chatroom (not that I would even if I could), so if you see my name, it's from an imposter.- Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Steve ...

you can read a "limited" amount of the previous posts, on the Chat, by clicking on the "History" button. As each person posts another comment, during a chat session, the oldest post will disappear. This "history" recall ability is handy for anyone coming into a chat session - to allow them to see what topics are/have been discussed, and to catch up on the conversation before entering in on it.

I agree with some members, who have suggested that the Chat login be changed. Currently it allows you to enter the chat room under ANY signature. It would be better if it automatically defaulted to your membership board name. That way, your ID couldn't be misused. But, I don't know if that is an easy fix, or if it would require more - such as a more advanced program, or a $$ upgrade.

I do know that, if this "ID highjacking" continues, there are only two options that Ed has to deal with it -- fix it so that you can only enter under your membership name ... or close it down. The Chat Room is not moderated, and for the most part is friendly and a good place to get to know the members on a more personal basis. But, the fact that it is not moderated, and since anyone can (currently) enter under "any" signature ... it can be misused.

As to whether or not Ed can retrieve the chat "history", far enough back to check on the "imposter", posing as another member - I don't know. IF it is possible, I'm sure Ed will take the appropriate action. If not - I'm sure he will take it under advisement, to insure that the Chat Room cannot be misused ... either by changing the login proceedures - or closing it down. ...cp

Post Thanks / Like

I already made changes so that you had to be a member to enter the chat. I don't have the time to investigate hooking the two systems together right now so that it would default to your real ID. I may do so soon though. For now everyone just needs to know that it's an OPEN chat and anyone can be/say anything. Sorry about that, it's either that, or I remove it. And if it continues to be a problem, I will have to do so. At least until I can integrate something more smoothly. Anyone know of an integrated chat with vB?
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best