Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat won't start...no problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat won't start...no problem.

I bought a small jump start (Black & Decker) a couple of years ago to put in my trunk. You know, for emergencies. I didn't know this thing was good for more than jumping cars. From time to time, when I'm at the lake there'll be a fella trying to start his boat (or car) with a dead battery. So, I pull this thing out, let them use it while I put my boat in the water. By the time I'm in, they've got the boat started and bringing the jumper back to me with a smile on their faces. Well today, the guy that used my jumper gave me business card and invited me to his 4th of July BBQ at the LOZ. One other time, I had a guy invite me to his restaurant and received some complimentary items on the house. Don't get me wrong, a smile and a "Thank You" is all that I hope for. But, the other stuff is sure a nice little perk. :D
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Its amazing how a little generosity comes back to you. Your a good guy for helping folks out.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

it does not hurt to get a little extra, besids the smile and hand shake, those are handy little gizmos, been thinking of getting one some day,

Post Thanks / Like

What goes around comes around....it usually pays off to help others in need..your a good man

Post Thanks / Like

it's always nice to help others, glad you did so. i might get one of those jump starters also, i have had to jump from my troll battery but that would be more handy and portable for many uses.

Post Thanks / Like

to help others in need is like planting a good seed something good will come up

Post Thanks / Like

I do what I can. All I know is, when it's my turn to get stuck out in the middle of the lake and start screeming for help like a little girl for help, hope someone stops.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

self preservation and old murphy,,,
    when i traveled and fished all the time i figured out that the only one i could count on was me,so i tried to be prepared for what ever,,one of those portable charger/starter units more than payed for it's self,u just never know when old murphy will show up,, jmo
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER