Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie for fathers day!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie for fathers day!

Had a great morning crappie fishing got about 80 crappie along with some Bass , y.perch, blugill and pickeral. Caught alot early tight to the lily pads, small swim baits were good, Gduck did good on alure called a wobbler. Then we found some really good slabs out in the center in the hard wind, they seemed to want a blue and silver tube the best.Fished from daybreak to 10am most fish came in 6ft. water temp. was 74 when we started 71 when we left. Another fun day crappie fising with Gduck.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure where youre from but those temps sounds very nice. Our water temps here in Ga. is mid-80's now so just finding some fish willing to bite is quite a chore. Congrats on a fine catch.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah we had a great morning, this lake we have permission to fish has not let us down yet, remains to be seen how it preforms as it gets warmer. But our time is getting less and less available with overtime at work for tear-em up and my seasonal business on top of a 40 hour a week real job and RAIN!! but rain might not be a bad thing since one thing we know we can do is go crappie fishing? The lure i was using was called a chatterbait, small gold lip with a rubber minnow shaped body, i got it up at cabelas a couple of weeks ago when up there for a friends graduation party, hey cabelas was only 40 miles past where i was going, too close not to stop, right! anymore of you delmarva guys out there fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

I think our water temps would be higher except for all the rainy weather we been having Gabowman.

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya on the water temps. Mid-day this past weekend on lake D'arbonne here in LA was 92. Bites were few and far between.