Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scary Ride Home

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Scary Ride Home

After we finally got the truck started (see no help found post) Mrs JJ and I headed home. We were traveling south on 65 to Nixa...traffic wasn't horrible but there was traffic.

Just sound of Preston, we came up on an old classic car ...they were driving around 50-55 (probably as fast as it would go) and there was a mini van behind them and we were next......suddenly the moron in the van pulls out to pass the classic car - the highway was striped as "no passing zone" and there is an oncoming car.

I immediately began to slow down ....there was no way the van was going to be able to get the classic passed. I was sure we were about to witness a 3 car-head on collision - there would have been fatalities. The van continued to pass - they were right beside the classic car when the oncoming car swerved onto the shoulder to avoid the collision.

A short time later....a silver SUV passed us in a no passing zone and we were probably driving at least 60-65 with the flow of traffic

NO ONE SHOULD BE IN THAT BIG OF A HURRY!!

Later we saw the mini van pull into the Dallas County Dirt Track - what an IDIOT!!

We were very thankful when we were able to pull into our driveway and be home.

Post Thanks / Like

People can be real moronic when driving on the highway. Not only on the road but some of the boaters drive just as bad on the water. I had to dodge two boats today that shouldn't have been anywher near me.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you and Mrs. JJ made it home safely!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jiggin View Post
    After we finally got the truck started (see no help found post) Mrs JJ and I headed home. We were traveling south on 65 to Nixa...traffic wasn't horrible but there was traffic.

Just sound of Preston, we came up on an old classic car ...they were driving around 50-55 (probably as fast as it would go) and there was a mini van behind them and we were next......suddenly the moron in the van pulls out to pass the classic car - the highway was striped as "no passing zone" and there is an oncoming car.

I immediately began to slow down ....there was no way the van was going to be able to get the classic passed. I was sure we were about to witness a 3 car-head on collision - there would have been fatalities. The van continued to pass - they were right beside the classic car when the oncoming car swerved onto the shoulder to avoid the collision.

A short time later....a silver SUV passed us in a no passing zone and we were probably driving at least 60-65 with the flow of traffic

NO ONE SHOULD BE IN THAT BIG OF A HURRY!!

Later we saw the mini van pull into the Dallas County Dirt Track - what an IDIOT!!

We were very thankful when we were able to pull into our driveway and be home.
    YOU SHOULD HAVE TO DRIVE A TRACTOR OR FARM EQUIPMENT ON HWY 65 SOUTH OF PRESTON LIKE DAD AND I HAVE TO DO SOMETIMES MOVING THEM FROM FARM TO FARM! I SWEAR THEY SEE YOU PULLING A BALER OR HAY RAKE WITH A PICKUP AND YOU BECOME A TARGET! AND IF YOUR DRIVING A TRACTOR IT IS EVEN WORSE! THEY THINK THAT PART OF HWY 65 IN FRONT OF SKYLINE SCHOOLS IS A DRAG STRIP!

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Stupid people out there. I'm glad no one was hurt. Did you happen to note his plate number and report it to the local authorities?

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you made it home ok, despite the "entertainment". It can surely be an adventure out there somedays.

I ride a motorcycle pretty frequently, and anymore there isn't a lot of time to "relax" and enjoy things.... to many morons out there - you have to be on the lookout for idiocy every second.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jiggin View Post
    That always seems to be the case when you see someone really in a hurry to do a dumb @$$ move like that endangering the lives of others, only to pull up behind them on the next stop light in the next town.
    Your thinking "Boy, they really saved some time with that maneuver, damn FOOLS".
    Glad no one was hurt and you made it home safe.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speckhunter View Post
    Stupid people out there. I'm glad no one was hurt. Did you happen to note his plate number and report it to the local authorities?
    SPECK IN HICKORY COUNTY THERE IS NO USE IN CONTACTING ANYONE AND UP THERE IF YOU REPORT SOMETHING TO A HIGHWAY PATROL THEY CAN BE IN ANOTHER COUNTY. THE LOCAL SHERIFFS OFFICE IS SO UNDER STAFFED AND UNDER FUNDED ITS BAD. IN DALLAS COUNTY THE DEPUTIES ARE ONLY MAKING ABOUT $15,000 PER YEAR. HICKORY ITS ABOUT $17,000 PER YEAR. MOST OF THEIR CARS IN HICKORY AND DALLAS COUNTIES HAVE WELL OVER 125,000 PLUS MILES ON THEM. IF YOU LOOK ON MAP THE SIZE OF HICKORY COUNTY THERE ARE ALOT OF TIMES THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE ROAD DEPUTY ON DUTY. AND EVEN RUNNING CODE IT CAN BE SOMETIMES 20 TO 30 MINUTES RESPONSE TIME. I KNOW I SURE WOULDN'T WANT TO PUT A BADGE ON AND GO THRU ALL THE TRAINING FOR LESS THAN $20,000 PER YEAR AND HAVE TO PAY FOR MOST OF YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMW1960 View Post
    SPECK IN HICKORY COUNTY THERE IS NO USE IN CONTACTING ANYONE AND UP THERE IF YOU REPORT SOMETHING TO A HIGHWAY PATROL THEY CAN BE IN ANOTHER COUNTY. THE LOCAL SHERIFFS OFFICE IS SO UNDER STAFFED AND UNDER FUNDED ITS BAD. IN DALLAS COUNTY THE DEPUTIES ARE ONLY MAKING ABOUT $15,000 PER YEAR. HICKORY ITS ABOUT $17,000 PER YEAR. MOST OF THEIR CARS IN HICKORY AND DALLAS COUNTIES HAVE WELL OVER 125,000 PLUS MILES ON THEM. IF YOU LOOK ON MAP THE SIZE OF HICKORY COUNTY THERE ARE ALOT OF TIMES THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE ROAD DEPUTY ON DUTY. AND EVEN RUNNING CODE IT CAN BE SOMETIMES 20 TO 30 MINUTES RESPONSE TIME. I KNOW I SURE WOULDN'T WANT TO PUT A BADGE ON AND GO THRU ALL THE TRAINING FOR LESS THAN $20,000 PER YEAR AND HAVE TO PAY FOR MOST OF YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT.
    You're preaching to the choir bud. Been there done that in the '80's before I came to my sences.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Just goes to show you have to watch every minute. glad your safe
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast