Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Any News on the Patoka Lake CrappieUSA practice results yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Moose1am; 02-16-2006 at 11:15 AM.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Hey Moose

I talked to alot of different teams out on the water last sat. and sunday. Most had never been to Patoka and all they were catching was little ones dragging those little jigs around. I told a few of them where I'd fish and how I'd do it at the proper depth.

One guy in Craapie USA in an article in yesterdays paper said the lake was near turning over. Last week it was 79 degrees and that's a long way from turning over. Some of those folks are going to have a tough time if they don't fish deep enought.

The ones I keep last sunday morning I'd take to any weight-in on that lake. Nice mess of fish and they came from an area right on the channel between 2 humps loaded with cover. Now sitting out there can be interesting with boats going by and rather close at times. You had to get right down in the cover and wait. If there was one there you know very soon. Minnows of course with 1oz sinker on the bottom. Right at 20' which was a little deeper than the week before. The last 4 times out I've gotten a limit everytime. My neightbor got one that went close to 2 1/2 lbs. a week ago today on one of my spots I showed him. He's gonna have that fish mounted.

Gotta head for work...See ya.......Larry

Gotta work this sat. so I probably won't make the weight-in. If I get done early enought I'm gonna drive down this time and see it.