Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armature Crappie Video

Post Thanks / Like

Default Armature Crappie Video

just uploaded some video that was shot last fall. I ran the camera for 10 minutes and then edited it down to just over 4 minutes. I would like comments on it, good and bad, you will not hurt my feelings. I am trying to learn as I go. I am not trying to turn professional, I am just trying to make watchable video.
    I did have sound track but removed it because of copy right concerns… I may add later.

Thanks Ken

YouTube - Rainy Lake Crappie Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

thats great, looks fine tome, I like your mellow dog, what color and type jig were you using, and what was your structure down there, did you sink it?
    somtimes in my video's I'll show the fly/lure that worked that day,

youtude has a bunch of tunes you can use, but they all suuck lol

good luck an keep em coming

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Well Ken ...

Quote Originally Posted by siscoken View Post
    just uploaded some video that was shot last fall. I ran the camera for 10 minutes and then edited it down to just over 4 minutes. I would like comments on it, good and bad, you will not hurt my feelings. I am trying to learn as I go. I am not trying to turn professional, I am just trying to make watchable video.
    I did have sound track but removed it because of copy right concerns… I may add later.

Thanks Ken

YouTube - Rainy Lake Crappie Fishing
    I don't think a sound track would be necessary, but that depends on what the video is supposed to portray. If you wanted a video of you catching some nice Crappie ... I think you did fine. The lighting was fine, camera angle was good, and the video quality was good. It could have been zoomed in a little closer to you (your white rod disappears in the water's reflection, and we can't see the bait or how you're manipulating the rod). And, it would have been nice to have had a running commentary on what/where/when/how you were doing it. None of the TV angler infomercial blabber, or the cute quips (like "Oh Son" or "pretty fish" :rolleyes: ) are needed ... but, a how and why I'm doing it this way, would make the video more appealing. I understand that may require some tricky editing, but you could try using a voice over (if you couldn't get your commentary to jive with the action sequences). You may lose the sound of the wind and splashing of the fish, using voice over ... but, it would serve to give the viewer more than just a backseat view of someone catching fish.

From the rock steady camera, I assume you had the camera mounted. Good move ... hand held videos are usually herky jerky, or blurry (from moving the camera too fast). The sound was obviously on, since we could hear the wind and splashes ... but, nothing was said. Talk to the camera, man :D ... Just pretend the camera is a fishing buddy ... or even talk to the dog :p ... and don't forget to talk loud enough, facing towards the camera, to be heard

If you caught that many fish in 10mins, and just edited it down to the 4mins of actual "catching" ... you must have been sitting on a gold mine of a Crappie spot !! Pictures may be worth a thousand words, but pictures WITH words can be worth a whole lot more.

.... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wd-40

WD-40 your chair man...lol. It has a wicked SQUEAK! Pappy's right on with some kinda of lesson with the what, when, where, why, and how. Maybe even some gps coordinates (just kidding, I already recognized the spot by the yellow bouy). Just kinda boring without some sort of info. Maybe show the tackle you'll be using before hand. Great looking Dog.

Post Thanks / Like

good video. must have caught lots of fish that day. partner is well mannered also.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comments and keep them coming. The idea was to show just how good the fishing is, because like I said, this is ten minutes of fishing (that’s all that the camera will run in video mode). I made a camera mount that fits in my rear seat pedestal mount. I have plans to build one that is self leveling, I have trouble getting the horizon correct with the setup that I use now, its hit or miss.
    The video was shot with a small Sony still camera, plans are to get a Hi Def digital before fishing season get into full swing.
    I will try to make improvements ( like better posture ) at each attempt.
    Again thanks for all comments and keep them coming.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

good video ,nice catching
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Nice video. I have made similar videos using tripods with good success.

There is lots of music you can use on the internet without copyright infringement. I am lucky, my brother is a musician and made me some sound track music.

I have heard BassPro recently came out with a small camcorder that is the size of a D battery and will mount on a hat. I may give it a look and see what kind of fishing video can be made with it. I think there may be too much movement with a hat mount but I also think it would give a unique view if it does work.

I have used Sony digital camcorders over the years. I started with a high end Sony casset recorder and invested in a in-expensive Sony mini-DV camcoder. I really like the looks of the new Sony HiDef hard drive camcordersand may invest in one of those. If I were buying my first camcorder, Sony has a standard definition hard drive camcorder for around $200. I am sure it would do a great job and comes with the hardware to hook into a computer. The HiDef unit is only $400 at Sears.
    Last edited by unknown 5; 06-20-2009 at 10:44 AM.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good video, talk to us in your next one. Enjoyed it
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed the vid. You'll only get better over time.

I'm with the others. Tell us the details. It's always good to learn something from a vid.
    I'm seriously thinking of buying a handycam HD rig of some kind, but I have to educate myself first. I don't want to wind up with an outdated format in a year or two.

Thanks for sharing.

aj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast