Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy a bobber...Nah!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buy a bobber...Nah!

As I've said in other blogs, I've been reading the In-Fisherman's Guide to Crappie Fishing (great book). There's a section on how to fish with bobbers. In particular, they recommend a slip bobber. Every time I'm at Rogers, Cabelas, or Bass Pro picking up tube jigs or jig head, I always stop by the bobber section and check out the different kinds of slip bobbers. Last year, I noted that about ever time I was out fishing I would always see a bobber dancing past my boat in the breeze, stuck on rocks in the rip raps, or somewhere on the shoreline. So being the cheep arse that I am, this year I started picking up these stray bobbers. I've got to admit that I've quite the collection going. Kinda curious to find out how many I end up with this year. Anyone else go bobber shopping on the shoreline too?
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

You follow me up at Smithville....you won't find any. They'll be in my boat.:D

Did you get out this week? Was back out last night with a buddy. He's not not much of a fisherman, but I gave him my extra long pole and told him to keep up. He boated 5, lost about as many. I was working with him most of the time and still came home with 13.

Birddogs54
    2005 Ranger 519 Yamaha 200

Post Thanks / Like

I Know I Have Seen Alot Of People Use Slip Bobbers And I Have Some In My Crappie Bag. But I Have Never Been Able To Get Them To Work Right. I Am Hoping That At Fall Camp I Can Get One Out And Have Someone Show Me The Correct Way To Get Them To Work.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 50 or so I have found on shorelines and in the water. They are all in an old styrofoam minnow bucket in my shop. One of these days I may even try one....??

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I bobber shop on the lake, but I very seldom find a good balsa wood thrill slip bobber that i like. So I do buy a few of them now and then. CP
    BATES FIELD & STREAM PRO STAFF, MAYFLOWER AR
    CRAPPIEHOLIC APPERAL PRO STAFF
    If Your Big Crappie Star Bound, Let Me Warn You It's a Long Hard Ride. CP

Post Thanks / Like

i've been known to grab a bobber and/or a lure stuck in a tree now and then. got a funny story bout bobbers though. one time while out with crappie's r us, we found a squirrel who had 5 or 6 bobbers all piled up and when we trolled by, he was munchin on an orange foam one. only seen that once, and of course, didn't have the camera.
    Why do I have to press 1 for English?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePro View Post
    Yes I bobber shop on the lake, but I very seldom find a good balsa wood thrill slip bobber that i like. So I do buy a few of them now and then. CP
    You are right, the balsa are hard to come by. I've got a few though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camo_boat View Post
    i've been known to grab a bobber and/or a lure stuck in a tree now and then. got a funny story bout bobbers though. one time while out with crappie's r us, we found a squirrel who had 5 or 6 bobbers all piled up and when we trolled by, he was munchin on an orange foam one. only seen that once, and of course, didn't have the camera.
    LOL. That just reminded me that last weekend I did pick up a brand new road runner with new jib off of a tree limb. The tube jig was a color that i do not use (black/red/yellow). Tried it and caught some fish on it.

Post Thanks / Like

just follow me arround, it won't take you long to restock your tackle bag or rod box

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Yea !
    If I am bank fishing I usually have hip waders with me and I will collect quite a few in some places, also have a good hand full of crank baits too!
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast