Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stockton more good stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton more good stuff

GOT to the lake about nine thirty, started to catch fish straight away, 30,40 maby more, less than half keepers , oh well fun anyway, move a little ways more fish, bigger this time, still lots of small ones, then bam white bass, on my rapala scale 5lb. then another one, smaller, crappie quit, we decide to move, well what do you know key broke off, no way to start the big motor, get the spare key, not to be found. what now, pontoon boat been arround all morning, wave white towell, here come help, Rick got us to shore, took me to C C to get my truck. long drive got truck, drive down long lane load the boat, bummer no motor, but new winch has 25 ft. cable, run it out and ease the boat on trailer yea, short lived, now the motor wont raise up, what the heck, check every thing, darn, what the heck,,, wait, take off cowell and sure enough blown fuse. replace same all is well to the house says I to darrell,,,,, get home cold beer, clean fish, all the time thinking man fishermen got to be the most helpfull people arround RICK CLARK From roaurk bluff area thanks for you help. never would have survived the wind and stockton with out your help, hope you got back on the fish,

now jig color didn't matter, depth was 12 ft down in 30ft. of water, had to be moving slow trolling at about 1mph seemed to be the ticket, or trolling crank baits about 75 ft. behing the boat, water looked good not to high, right color, found fish off the bluffs in the flats. some arround trees, didnt matter big or little trees. some were just out in the middle of now where, just lurking about, tizzie I must say the fish were in, well alls well that ends well, thanks again rick appreciate your assiatance.

michael j.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You seem to always over come the rough times like it did it even happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Man Beagle

U Didn't Have To Fight Much Wind???? Wind Got Up By 9am Here On Truman Today...... Glad U Got Into'em....... Broken Key... Have U Ever Had A Really Good Nothing Go Wrong Trip????
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Beagle. I fished maze creek, price branch & cedar ridge and it sucked!! Only had two keepers and not even very many dinks. I did lose a monster eye as soon as got him to the top and as I watched heart broken I managed to hang the other three rods up in tree. Just not my day today. I am taking my nephew saturday to stockton and I believe I will fish that side of the lake, any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

all's well that ends well,,,,,so they say
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Beagle. Thanks for the info on your last Stockton post. Just bought some line counters so the info helps. Do you use any weight? I am going to try tomorrow pulling some off the side while we spider rig, thinking I will use some weight because we will be trolling slow. Are you running around 1.5 mph? Sorry for all the questions.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle.....Well I think you had 3 or 4 trips smooth as clockwork. Guess it's about time MURPHY showed up! Glad you were able to flag down some good help. Seems the key problem has showed up here a couple times lately. I'm gonna check and see if I have a spare, if not I made need to get a new key. Glad you caught a few, and still got home in time for your nap.
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, RICK CLARK for helping out a good buddy.

Way to overcome, Michael!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry You Had Boat Trouble But At Least You Got Some Fish!

Post Thanks / Like

My key broke off in my ignition Friday of camp. I just kept using the stub part of the key with the broken off part still in the ignition. It was a pain in my arse but it started up for us every time.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast