Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Another fishfinder problem

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another fishfinder problem

Does anyone have a huminbird matrix. I have the matrix 20, the low end of the scale, I like the gps part of it, for finding my way back to the dock. But I get nothing from the bottom view, it won't show any brush piles or anything, most of the time it just shows a flat bottom, i've tried the adjustments, updated it from the web site and everthing i could think of. I know there is something down there when i get hung and drag up a limb or two. i've come close to finding the deepest part of the lake and seeing if it will float.

Post Thanks / Like

Only thing I can think of, is maybe the sensitivity needs turned up -
    my old Eagle, one of the first things I do after turning it on is to go into
    the menu and max out the sens. Unless I get into less than 10 feet of water
    or there is unusually dirty water, I leave it there.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 37 and love it, it shows all brush piles. I dont always believe if there is fish or not. I dont know what sensitivity level, mine is on but I can check for ya.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 87c gps/sonar matrix units I have had very good luck with them I really dont know why some have alot of trouble with humminbird I had garmins and when I switched over it was like a blind man seeing again I feel very confident in humminbird I have placed high at every crappie tournament I have fished since switching and even was lucky enough to win the amature side of CUSA region 4 regional I have one of these units for sale right now because I am updating to the 987C side scanning model

Post Thanks / Like

I have an Eagle Fisheasy and I leave the sensativity on "auto" and i have no problems seeing stumps trees and brushpiles. I have played with my sensitivity setting, but it was always to noisy or not showing anything.
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine has a garmin that got to acting kind of like you are saying. He replaced the transducer and it fixed the problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Matrix 37 and I love it. I can find anything I need to find with it. I am considering ordering a "sidefinder" transducer for it next Spring. That way I will be able to switch transducers and can get a side view when I am fishing a bank.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redtick
    I have a Matrix 37 and I love it. I can find anything I need to find with it. I am considering ordering a "sidefinder" transducer for it next Spring. That way I will be able to switch transducers and can get a side view when I am fishing a bank.

I have been tossing the same idea around, to use on my 37. I would like it to use for looking under a dock. I wish there was more information on humminbirds website on this.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big George
    I have the 87c gps/sonar matrix units I have had very good luck with them I really dont know why some have alot of trouble with humminbird I had garmins and when I switched over it was like a blind man seeing again I feel very confident in humminbird I have placed high at every crappie tournament I have fished since switching and even was lucky enough to win the amature side of CUSA region 4 regional I have one of these units for sale right now because I am updating to the 987C side scanning model
    LEt us know how you like the 987C. I would like to have one but it looks like it will be a year or so off.

PEte